Abcesses & Tumors - Graphic Pictures

Thank you for this post! Upon further examination of the showgirl I posted about yesterday her swelling seems to be ear to ear. I had to look closely to even see her blue earlobes, they are only slightly visible due to the swelling. Instead of the spider bite I was told had happened, could this possibly be the problem? I do know this bird was vaccinated for Mareks, I go over and help this person vaccinate newly hatched chicks as well as vaccinate for fowl pox if that is relevant to this case.

@casportpony I did start giving her Duramycin, vitamins and water thru tubing. I gave her 20 ml of the liquid. I did try to give her another 10ml of the water but that seemed too much. Is the 20ml a good amount to administer each time I tube her liquids or too much?
How much does she weigh?

Maybe 1-2 oz more as I could not get her to stay still long enough to get a completely accurate weight. Although the scale I use is small. She is thin, keel bone is very prodominant.
That's not good. I thnk Silkies usually weigh about twice that? Any chance you could give her subcutaneous fluids?

That's not good. I thnk Silkies usually weigh about twice that? Any chance you could give her subcutaneous fluids?
Yes, she was given to me in very poor condition with little information as to what exactly caused the swelling, be it a bite or what and wasn't sure how many days she has had the infection. I'm assuming she noticed when the bird was no longer strong enough to be mobile.

Back
Top Bottom