About my clothesline...

PotterWatch

My Patronus is a Chicken
11 Years
Apr 22, 2008
Virginia
I love it!! I am definitely going to be hanging my clothes for as long as I can. I like the feel of the clothes better, they are taking less time to dry than in my dryer, I love the smell, and I love that I am forced to fold the clothes and put them away immediately (otherwise they end up in a pile half the time that never gets folded). My husband overpaid the gas bill a number of months ago and we still haven't used enough gas to start having to pay again! Woohoo!

I love mine too. I have enough line out there to hang up 7-8 loads
big_smile.png
Which reminds me, I need to wash DH's work clothes tomorrow. LOL

There is nothing like your undies flapping on the line in the sunshine. We put a clothesline up 7 years ago and I used it sporadically while I was working outside the home, but have since added another one and I can do ALL the laundry in one day now. I also like the fact that I can fold and all as I go and they don't get forgotten in a pile somewhere. The smell and feel are outta this world.

I like the feel of the clothes better,

One of the major reasons that I am hesitant to line dry my clothes is b/c they have always been "stiff" especially when we lived in Monterey CA by the ocean. They were intolerablethere, but we didn't have a dryer. So my question is, what do you like about how they feel? I've never had a good experience with it, but maybe I am doing it wrong. My grandmother's line dried clothes always came out so soft.

Any insight?​

I like crisp, starched clothes to begin with and using the clothesline just cuts down on ironing. If you prefer softer clothes, just add fabric softener to the wash, or vinegar in the rinse cycle.

They are definitely more stiff when you first put them on, but that is what I like. I have a couple pairs of capris where I fold up the cuff and it would never stay properly without ironing before. Now I fold it and it stays folded. I do use liquid fabric softener because my husband likes me to, but I don't think it really needs it. Even jeans feel the same to me after I have been wearing them for 20mins or so, but I love the stiffer feel when I first put them on.

I have to agree on the clothsline....nothing better, than after a long hard day....getting from the shower...into a bed with clean sheets, from the line. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....a little slice of Heaven!

Haha, I was reading some other thread here (I think one of the homemade laundry detergent ones) and people kept talking about "solar dryers". I was thinking, "What kinda newfangled invention is that and why have I never heard of it?" Yeah... When I figured out what they meant I felt kinda dumb.
lau.gif

I use mine all the time. I love the smell of the clothes, and I love the savings on the light bill too! I remember my mom drying clothes in the winter and standing up the stiff-as-a-board jeans beside the woodstove to thaw them out after she took them in off the line. I'm not quite as hardcore as she was. I use my dryer in the winter. We're in the process of putting in a wood stove, so I'm actually looking forward to drying stuff on a clothes rack in front of it this winter!

Our burning barrel is too close to the clothes line - makes for some frantic clothes bringing in when you light it up and realize there are clothes on the line.
barnie.gif

When I lived in Houston, clothes would mildew before they would dry naturally. Now, I can just hang my wet clothes on hangers and they're dry and ready for the closet in no time!

smile.png

totally reminded me i have a load in the washer ready to go out! knew i had something to do!

we have a super huge 'solar power dryer' and can hang 4 over sized loads without a middle wire! money saver, time saver and smells oh so nice!

totally gotta go hang the clothes....and check for eggs!

Back
Top Bottom