Accent Test

Neutral, makes sense since I have lived a very mobile life and am 22. Different military bases across the country, Japan, and am now 'settled' in Michigan's UP. I do NOT sound like a Yooper (but I do love the accent), so it is easy for people to know I wasn't raised here.

Northeast New England?

Think this test doesn't account for a Chinese accent. Far as I can tell, people say I sound like someone from Washington State, as evident by the words Both or legs.

I got Southern.
woot.gif
I noticed on the map that the Charleston area isn't included in areas with a Southern accent, and this baffles me. Charleston is a Southern city if ever there was one.
hu.gif

I am neutral, but then, we were in the military and lived in Utah, Colorado and Ohio, so have moved around some, though was born and raised in the south.

One problem with the test for me was this question:

5) When you say ON, does it rhyme with LAWN or with JOHN? Or both?

ON rhymes with LAWN
ON rhymes with JOHN
ON, LAWN, and JOHN all rhyme with each other

My true answer would have been neither! When I say ON, it usually rhymes with OWN, so that may have changed my result if that had been one of the choices for me.

I got neutral then I took it again and changed one question cause I was kind of iffy on it and got western. I was born in California but have liven in TN now for 15 years

I got Southern. Originally from upstate NY, but been in the south half my life. When I talk to the "natives", they know I'm not from here, but they can't tell where I'm from.
wink.png
I'll take it - I've earned it!

Back
Top Bottom