Accidental chicken egg in duck hatch!

Jun 3, 2021
Hello! I just noticed one of the eggs in my hatch is a chicken egg! Don't know how I missed that. Candled it, it's pretty much ready to pip internally.
It's day 22, I was going to take the eggs off the turner on Friday, which would be day 25. But this chicken egg is already a day late, so I'm wondering if I should just lock down early? Would that harm the duck hatch? So far they're all growing nicely, lots of movement!
Temp and humidity is good.

Can you borrow another incubator from a friend, or buy another? I'd be a bit concerned about the high humidity for the duck eggs. You don't have to up the humidity for the chicken egg until it externally pips, so you have until then to find another bator. Thats probably what I would go about doing.

Can you borrow another incubator from a friend, or buy another? I'd be a bit concerned about the high humidity for the duck eggs. You don't have to up the humidity for the chicken egg until it externally pips, so you have until then to find another bator. Thats probably what I would go about doing.
I don't right now, I wish I did! I can't really afford another incubator right now. Any ideas if I can't manage to find one I can afford before then? This is my first duck hatch

Back
Top Bottom