Acres Poultry hatching thread with aliciaplus3!

Pics
Look at this coloring 😍 I'm obsessed with this chick!

IMG_20200127_145242~2.jpg

Look at this coloring 😍 I'm obsessed with this chick!

View attachment 2013936
I will have to take pics of one of the little EE's that I hatched for a friend... it looked black ish when it hatched but has morphed into a brindle grayish one.... omg Its cute! I have a weakness for odd colors. so much that I have very few "normal" colors in my flock... ok maybe that will not be true later this year as I have 2 shipments coming from 2 seperate hatcheries with 15 delaware and 10 white rock pullets from each. maybe part of my flock will stay predominantly white?
Oh I almost forgot I am expecting a shipment of eggs from @Bantambird that are black silver and blue silver marans, gold crele legbars and assorted turkey colors!
I plan to document the arrival of the shipment and the hatching here!

I will have to take pics of one of the little EE's that I hatched for a friend... it looked black ish when it hatched but has morphed into a brindle grayish one.... omg Its cute! I have a weakness for odd colors. so much that I have very few "normal" colors in my flock... ok maybe that will not be true later this year as I have 2 shipments coming from 2 seperate hatcheries with 15 delaware and 10 white rock pullets from each. maybe part of my flock will stay predominantly white?
Oh I almost forgot I am expecting a shipment of eggs from @Bantambird that are black silver and blue silver marans, gold crele legbars and assorted turkey colors!
I plan to document the arrival of the shipment and the hatching here!
Awesome I can't wait to see that hatch. I think that chick is part silver sebright because squatch can't make silver chicks with my hens. He mostly makes black chicks. HeiHei is my new addition, I got him for free from someone. I absolutely love silver sebrights but he's the only one I've ever had😂

Awesome I can't wait to see that hatch. I think that chick is part silver sebright because squatch can't make silver chicks with my hens. He mostly makes black chicks. HeiHei is my new addition, I got him for free from someone. I absolutely love silver sebrights but he's the only one I've ever had😂
I have received my share of free roosters over the years. Some of my best ones were someone else's discards. to this day one of my favorite roosters came from a "white leghorn" that a gal gave me. actually I think he was something else because he was 14pounds! too big to be a white rock and wrong color legs to be a white giant, according to the advice I received from folks that had the 2 breeds... so what he was?? I will never know but he threw some BIG babies! mostly White but still

I have received my share of free roosters over the years. Some of my best ones were someone else's discards. to this day one of my favorite roosters came from a "white leghorn" that a gal gave me. actually I think he was something else because he was 14pounds! too big to be a white rock and wrong color legs to be a white giant, according to the advice I received from folks that had the 2 breeds... so what he was?? I will never know but he threw some BIG babies! mostly White but still
Wow he sounds gorgeous

Here's HeiHei... The owner walked right up to me and asked me if I had any room for a rooster at my farm because he liked the looks of my chicks and how well they were taken care of. I couldn't say no.

IMG_20191218_110843.jpg

Back
Top Bottom