Acres Poultry hatching thread with aliciaplus3!

Pics
I'm pretty close to town, but my parents are in a county that is one of the most sparse population zones in the lower 48. They have a booster in their house but it's still touch and go on getting service out there even with a booster.

You mean you don't want to, nor do you have the inclination to, and I don't blame you for it. It can be a nuisance but new cell phones all can text now. We don't even have a landline at our house.
No, I mean I can't text and cannot receive texts. I only have a land line and it will not work with texts.

20200225_182110.jpg
final count on ducks went into lockdown with 14 eggs ended up with 8 live quackers.
Side note did a quick candling on my shipped turkey eggs and saw at least 3 internal pips! :flThese are due tomorrow so starting to get excited! I did find one that looked like a late quitter.:hit

sometimes things are just coasting along great decent hatches birds growing and then BAMB! something goes amiss... last night I couldn't figure out why the babies were CRYING as I was trying to go to sleep, went out to check on them and found one of the young ones gasping for its final breath. WTH???? I had moved the new ducks to a different brooder earlier because they had made everything wet. So I changed out all the bedding in the tote and made sure they had fresh food and water, some of the older ones in the next brooder down were also loud but I couldn't see anything that looked off??? while I was in the process of changing things out 2 more went from droopy to gasping and dead. I did notice a smell??? not sure what, hanging in the house, couldn't put my finger on what it was but almost like something burning????
after an hour of trying to comfort the birds and get them to quiet down I couldn't think of anything else to do so went to sleep. woke up this morning to an additional 3 turkeys, 2 ducks and 2 delaware dead. total of birds ranging from less than a week to 3 weeks old dead. there were over birds in those 2 pens and the rest looked ok this morning when I left???
I felt so deflated. especially when I realized that both of my white/splash marans were among the dead, but the black one was fine???

sometimes things are just coasting along great decent hatches birds growing and then BAMB! something goes amiss... last night I couldn't figure out why the babies were CRYING as I was trying to go to sleep, went out to check on them and found one of the young ones gasping for its final breath. WTH???? I had moved the new ducks to a different brooder earlier because they had made everything wet. So I changed out all the bedding in the tote and made sure they had fresh food and water, some of the older ones in the next brooder down were also loud but I couldn't see anything that looked off??? while I was in the process of changing things out 2 more went from droopy to gasping and dead. I did notice a smell??? not sure what, hanging in the house, couldn't put my finger on what it was but almost like something burning????
after an hour of trying to comfort the birds and get them to quiet down I couldn't think of anything else to do so went to sleep. woke up this morning to an additional 3 turkeys, 2 ducks and 2 delaware dead. total of birds ranging from less than a week to 3 weeks old dead. there were over birds in those 2 pens and the rest looked ok this morning when I left???
I felt so deflated. especially when I realized that both of my white/splash marans were among the dead, but the black one was fine???

You need to figure out what it is that's causing it before you loose any more.

Back
Top Bottom