ACV & parasite protection

StellaB

Hatching
Dec 27, 2020
:) if i dont see any signs of parasites, is it safe to assume my chickens dot have them? We do use ACV w/mother on regular basis. Just wondering....

:) if i dont see any signs of parasites, is it safe to assume my chickens dot have them? We do use ACV w/mother on regular basis. Just wondering....
Parasites only make themselves evident in poop if there’s a large infestation forcing them out. Parasites like to be inside. There will sometimes be symptoms, like runny poops but normally the infestation is out of control once symptoms present themselves. The only way to be 100% sure is to have a fecal float test done by a veterinarian. ACV is very beneficial in supporting a healthy biodome, but they should always have a second water available that’s fresh and has nothing in it. It does nothing to prevent / deworm chickens.

:welcome Needless to say external parasites are visible. If internal parasites are seen in poop, birds are badly infected. As stated above ACV has positive but limited benefits.

A good guess as to parasite load (though yes, a proper fecal float test is best, and the only way to know for sure), is comb color.

A nice bright red comb usually = healthy.

Back
Top Bottom