Added vitamins for silkies

msw1208

Chirping
6 Years
May 14, 2014
Vallejo, Ca
Hi all,
I've been reading up on silkies and their nutrition and trying to find a vitamin mix that I can add to the water that doesn't include electrolytes. Has anyone used this to add into water? I know it's for goats and it says to use an applicator gun, but maybe I could add a little to my silkies water?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200217_170641.jpg
    20200217_170641.jpg
    521.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200217_170632.jpg
    20200217_170632.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 10
You shouldn't need a supplement for healthy chickens as long as they are eating a balanced fortified feed.

Poultry Nutri-drench, note the "drench" in the name, is a formula for chickens in a health crisis, meant only for short term until the chicken is stable.

You shouldn't need a supplement for healthy chickens as long as they are eating a balanced fortified feed.

Poultry Nutri-drench, note the "drench" in the name, is a formula for chickens in a health crisis, meant only for short term until the chicken is stable.
Thank you. I've been using vitamin wjth an electrolyte on my show girl that came up lame and started sliding down hill fast. This is my first time with silkies and didnt realize how finicky they can be with food and nutrition. I did notice that my show girl had waaay more pep in her step after hand feeding her and adding the vitamins into her water. I'm working on changing the other's food and making sure they get what they need to keep them happy and healthy.

Hi all,
I've been reading up on silkies and their nutrition and trying to find a vitamin mix that I can add to the water that doesn't include electrolytes. Has anyone used this to add into water? I know it's for goats and it says to use an applicator gun, but maybe I could add a little to my silkies water?
Thanks in advance.
You can always add those to water, But don't just put those chemicals too much... I mean it's good but not too much I guess.

If possible: (Supervised) free raging gives you're chickens the opportunity to eat all the fresh food they need. Or you can give them some fresh herbs, veggies, fruits and grasses as a supplement. There is no hazard in that.
Adding too much or the wrong vitamins to their water can cause sickness.

Try a small batch of fermented feed and see how the chickens like it.

Measure about one cup of feed for each chicken you have. Pour warm water (filtered if you can) over the dry feed until it's just covered. Add a tablespoon of ACV to jump start it, and place in a warm place like you would bread dough to rise.

After an hour stir. At this time you can add more feed or more water to get the consistency that you want. I find chickens like a bread dough consistency over a soupy one. The first ferment should be ready to feed in about 24 to 30 hours. You'll know it's ready when it fluffs up and smells pleasantly yeasty.

You make more by repeating the above directions, but instead of ACV, you add a fourth of a cup of the first batch to it, as you would when making sourdough bread.

It's that easy.

Back
Top Bottom