We Quit Cigarettes

Hi Kiki! I'm 7 months free of smoking after a career of 37 years. I now have COPD. And depend on oxygen at night also 3 different inhaler meds. I watched most of my dad's side , including my dad at 64
suffer and die with lung cancer, emphysema, etc...the smoking Didn't matter until I couldn't breath, and got a cancer diagnosis myself. I convinced myself it was only breast cancer, so cigs didn't cause that!! Ohh whoaa!! the addiction!!
I have put them down and picked them back up atleast 10 times in the past 20 years. I've used the patch, gums, zyban, and chantix I've been on and off of a few times. Chantix worked for me along with the side effects of course. But it worked until I didn't let it!. I wasn't ready until last July to try again, before radiation began was my goal.
I smoked with chantix for the first three weeks and decided I'm finished stopping to buy them. Pay for gas at the pump. Oh ohh and the price went up another dollar a pack!! So, that helped! (The husband also stopped buying cigs and started a cigar a day habit) his deal, not mine! But better than 2 pks a day!
Im trying to change some behaviors a little at a time. Coffee and my evening beers I miss terribly! And that's ok. I'll enjoy a cup or a can again one day! For now, I drink alot of water, occasional soda. Fruit smoothies are my main morning "go to"
I'm learning to relax and not HAVE to be busy ALL of the time.
If you enjoy reading a good book, find a long one that you'll enjoy. I could babble on and on and on but I'll give it a rest here! Lol!
It will be ok. Good Thoughts and prayers go out to you!
Time to hang out with my girls! View attachment 2031196
Thank you!

Screenshot_20200220-111952.png
3 & 6 read as BYC. :D

:woot
River knows! She said throw the ball!

I am making a big pot of veggie soup and running laundry. Feel the urge...leave that room. So far it is helping.
When that is all done I guess there is always housework. Cannot smoke with wet hands. :lau

I am making a big pot of veggie soup and running laundry. Feel the urge...leave that room. So far it is helping.
When that is all done I guess there is always housework. Cannot smoke with wet hands. :lau
I'm eating chips and bean dip.

Thats actually how I distract myself from eating! Doing household chores! And cleaning chicken coops and watering buckets. Maybe if I start gardening real seriously I can do that to distract myself as well.

Back
Top Bottom