We Quit Cigarettes

Pictures!? :D

I love Papillons and Chihuahuas. :love had never heard of a Tibetan Spaniel before now but now I love them too :lau :love
891A42C1-9AF7-45DC-B456-40B6D762B5D3.jpeg
FAF14461-3B21-4084-A47A-BF5A4E47998B.jpeg

No I haven't decided. I'm feeling kind of discouraged about the whole thing.
Some people are saying that literally everyone has these "skipped beats" and it's not a big deal. Google says the same thing. To me that means it's not a real diagnosis... It's like diagnosing someone with "syncope" after they've passed out. Like, no s***, Sherlock.
But the doctor I went to said this could be the whole answer. The cause of the constant tiredness, fatigue, dizziness, etc. everything.
Frustrated. I know I'm overthinking it.
Part of me just wants to do nothing until my husband forgets about it so we can move on. Lol.
Honestly, I don't know much about it, but it may give you some peace of mind. It may not tell you a darn thing, though. Unfortunately, my dad's stint with the monitor didn't show anything and he still has the same issues. That doesn't mean that it won't tell you something.

The sad part is that we look to doctors to tell us what's wrong but they aren't all vested in each patient. You have to be your own advocate. Push, push, push... Then push some more if they aren't telling you anything. You know something is wrong in your body. I know it's even harder when you don't have insurance. I really do.

If your heart is more erratic than what they say it's normal, what do they do? Pace maker? Have you been keeping an eye on your blood pressure?

Honestly, I don't know much about it, but it may give you some peace of mind. It may not tell you a darn thing, though. Unfortunately, my dad's stint with the monitor didn't show anything and he still has the same issues. That doesn't mean that it won't tell you something.

The sad part is that we look to doctors to tell us what's wrong but they aren't all vested in each patient. You have to be your own advocate. Push, push, push... Then push some more if they aren't telling you anything. You know something is wrong in your body. I know it's even harder when you don't have insurance. I really do.

If your heart is more erratic than what they say it's normal, what do they do? Pace maker? Have you been keeping an eye on your blood pressure?
Typically it wouldn't be a pacemaker. Most people get meds if the arrhythmia is bad enough to warrant that. A pacemaker is for times when nothing else works. PACs and PVCs happen when heart tissues get "irritable" enough to initiate a beat not sent by the heart's natural pace-maker, the sinus node. Most people don't even feel the occasional "off" beat, but some are very sensitive to them.

If it continues to bother you, Tess, you should pursue it, but I would highly recommend moving it up the food chain. The vast majority of doctors mean well; they do not always know what they're doing.

Back
Top Bottom