We Quit Cigarettes

Speaking of sad.........Tom Dempsy died of covid 19 last night here in NOLA
For those of you who don't know who he was, he played football for the Saints as a place kicker. In 1969 he broke the field goal record with a 63 yard field goal, 3 sec left in the game with a win of 2 points. Interestingly I was 12 and my best friend and I were there.
That record held for 4 decades.
He was 73 Rest in peace Stumpy Some of us will never forget
What a great memory, and how good to have people who remember you kindly. :hugs

Here's my song. I thought it was kind of weird but you couldn't help liking it...

One of my favorites. It's the song that my daughter danced the father/daughter dance to at her wedding. :love Deal was NO 'Daddy's Little Girl', but that's what they started out with. Just as I said to her, "But that wasn't ---" it switched to 'Joy to the World'. :lau

I win I win !!!!! “Another Brick in the wall part 2 - Pick Floyd ! 😛
Between @Kiki showing signs of weakness and caving towards the +10lbs and having Pick Floyd I feel like such a winner.
What do I win? 🥳🥳🕺🕺
Okay I'll bite--who the heck is this Pick Floyd person? :lau :lau :lau

:frow. UPDATED...Today is day forty something.
I can do it.

Me: :barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie

I decided last month that I was going to try to do something I've never done before, quit smoking.

I knew I couldn't do it on my own so I got some medicine called Chantix. I tried Chantix about 10 years ago but I did not take it for the correct amount of time...I quit smoking but started back up after 3 months. I also do not remember it being this hard to quit back then.

I've been so worried about the side effects (I had one bad side effects last time) that I was not thinking about how hard today was going to be.

I have been on the medicine for a week with no bothersome side effects...that I was a nervous wreck about.

I have not smoked today and I really don't want to but geez I want to.:barnie:barnie:barnie
I quit 26 yr's ago and to this day if i smell smoke from one it just clicks a light bulb goes off in my head. The smoke itself smells so good and the first thing i say to myself is ( Boy am i glad i quit ) don't worry you too will be saying the same thing someday. good luck and congratulations. . Paddyk

Back
Top Bottom