Adult Female Duck Open-Mouth Breathing

CLovesDucks

Smitten with Ducks
Dec 25, 2018
Wake Forest, NC
Hi friends!

One of my adult fawn & white runners is open-mouth breathing, almost as if she’s panting. It’s warm today but the ducks have 24 hour access to the pond in their enclosure. Any thoughts?

Hi friends!

One of my adult fawn & white runners is open-mouth breathing, almost as if she’s panting. It’s warm today but the ducks have 24 hour access to the pond in their enclosure. Any thoughts?
Can you take a video, upload it YouTube or Vimeo then copy and paste the link here?

Hi friends!

I posted about the same thing not to long ago. I have Muscovies and I have a Drake that is constantly doing that but it's very hot outside ( I live in Florida) and they also have pond access. So I went out got a baby pool for my ducks and it helped out a lot. They won't get in it but they have been standing around the pool drinking our if it most of the day and it has helped a lot. I also have a hen that started doing it as well and she stopped after I got the pool. So just a suggestion doesn't hurt to give it a try :D

Back
Top Bottom