Advice for prolapse situation

Yes, she is back to normal! Thanks for asking!
The very day she integrated back into the flock, I had another hen lay internally! But she is also fine now!
That’s great . How you get to know she laid internally ? My hen isn’t laying . She is having prolapse.

That’s great . How you get to know she laid internally ? My hen isn’t laying . She is having prolapse.
Well in the morning I found soft egg shell on the poop board. I had also noticed her isolating, eyes closed, either sitting or standing very still. Then she was outside and the sun was behind her and I saw egg white hanging from her rear to the ground.
I brought her right in and gave her a warm soak with Epsom salts and gently felt inside and found a piece of eggshell. Got it out very gently and started doses of Baytril 2x a day for 3 days while keeping her in a dark crate - giving just water with calcium citrate in it. (She would basically only sit with eyes closed). By the end of day 2, I could see a difference and day 3 she was eating and foraging.

Well, It's good that she isn't laying. That's the hardest part about fixing a prolapse - when they keep trying to lay.
How is she doing?

Well, It's good that she isn't laying. That's the hardest part about fixing a prolapse - when they keep trying to lay.
How is she doing?
Thank you for asking. She is prolapsing every time she poops . I am inserting it . Otherwise she is in good spirits

Back
Top Bottom