1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Advice for shipping full-grown ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MrsFarmerJen, Nov 2, 2011.

1. MrsFarmerJen

MrsFarmerJen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2009
    Napa
    Hi all - I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for shipping ducks. I am going to be posting 4 Welsh Harlequin drakes (2 silver, 2 gold from Holderread) for sale and am debating whether just to have them available for local pickup or if shipping them is ok. I've shipped full grown chickens before, but never ducks. Thanks!

2. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Ducks i think is the same as chickens but it costs more because they are heavier. I would just put them up locally and see if people want them there first.

3. MrsFarmerJen

Aug 25, 2009
    Napa
    Thanks, featherfinder. That's the direction I was leaning. Appreciate the reply!

4. Aria

Aria Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    We shipped Call Ducks. Two in a special shipping box we purchased. We had a price for the Duck and then the person that wanted them paid for the box and the shipping.

Ours went by Air. Regards, Aria

5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Some states require you to be NPIP. Might wanna check in on that...

6. MrsFarmerJen

Aug 25, 2009
    Napa
    I think I'll end up going local for now but in the event I do consider shipping, what's best to put in the shipping box with them? For shipping chickens, I put high apples, grapes and some melon cubes...

Thanks.

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    The same kinds of things for ducks. Lettuce, tomatoes, melon, chopped grapes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by