Advice needed... = Java Peafowl problem...

Would Sid be the one with the website Texaspeafowl.com? If so, he has an AWESOME website! I was amazed to see Ocellated turkeys there! I would love to get my hands on some, but figure that I should put my big girl hat on and pass since I live in ND...

I really can't tell you if you can list names here... it would be great if you could so that others don't get taken, but I think that the owners/moderators of the site would be the ones to answer that.

Edited to add that this isn't my bird, I was just interested in this topic. I don't have Java's, beautiful as they are I don't plan to get any. I live in ND where -30F in the winter isn't uncommon, and I don't have any heated buildings. Unless I keep them in the house, which as sweet as he is, I don't see DH going for...

Last edited:
yep Frosty, Texaspeafowl is Sid, He does have some very beautiful birds, and some very rare birds as you have seen. I want some of those ocellated turkeys too, but yep, they would need heat up there, and from what Sid tells me, they are near impossible to breed incaptivity, have a very specific diet, and really require dedication to keep, that and they cost thousands to boot!, LOL
Ya get what you pay for though.

I would also hope you could post names of bad "breeders" like this on here, but again, that would be a moderator question there, maybe one will see this and let us know
Aubrey

Quote:
The guy in Tennessee he wasn't out of Henderson was he?? if it was more then likely you didn't get what you paid for anyhow, plus he is no longer in business.
Steve

Seems like we got some bad-intentioned peacock breeders out there,---what a shame, even though we arent allowed to specifically rat out the bad ones, at least we know we can count on each other, and the friends we know, to buy from. Otherwise we could end up in the same mess this person has and also Chickenzoo, if you've been keeping up with what she's had to go through. I'm so very thankful for this site!!! -Nathan. Oh and I am hoping for my first peachicks this year, my male is on his 3rd year
smile.png
!

Whoa... Henderson? Think I bought a trio from a guy there some years ago... they died a few weeks later. I thought that it was shock going from TN weather to ND in the fall. If I find his name in my records and PM it too you Steve, could you let me know if it's him? I realize that there would be nothing that I could do at this point, but I would like to know. Because of that (they were my first peas), when I got two locally in Oct 08 I spent that whole winter terrified that I would go to feed and they would be dead.

He was from Tenn. He did get out of peafowl. He used to sell wormer feed on eggbid too.

The javas I bought from him where pathetic. Sick and they should of never been sold in the first place.

RC was his name.
sad.png

Quote:
Thats why Im sticking to buy from this Forum ONLY!!! from people we all trust... There way to expensive... yes... some of us have a buget... but its not to be taken lightly... Im buying 5 greens from Steve next month...

Texascowboy, both Sid and Doug both from your State have great birds and great to deal with. Doug is a member on here now. D&M Farms Have got great birds from him.

Back
Top Bottom