advice please for neighbor's chick

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
My neighbor just e-mailed me. The night before last the last of her chicks hatched. The baby wasn't hatching and was way over due, so she helped it hatched. The chick was fully formed and the yolk absorbed. The baby has curled toes and a weak neck. I told her how to make a baby boot for the weak toes. I worry that the weak neck might indicate a vitamin deficiency. I have some poly-visol. Would we be able to give it one drop a day, or is that too much for such a small baby?

i had a chick(dum-dum) that was born like that, i mean with a weak neck. the first day and night he wasnt able to lift his head, wasnt much better the second day either. I put him in with the others and kept him watered and told him to either make it or die. well he made it , has a microcephalus with a weird lunp on his head, is dumber than the average chick and a bad coordination. But he is alive and walking and the neck is normal. this chick in question is just worn out and tired, keep it comfy and hydrated. Its a 50/50

Back
Top Bottom