ADVICE PLEASE...SHOULD I PUT THIS PULLET DOWN?????/ UPDATE RIP SCARLET

I still have 42 others........but we sort of bonded thru all this........never had a chicken shop with me before......I think it's a GIRL THING
cool.png

As someone who has been nursing an injured rooster with a joint infection since April, I can relate. These injuries take lots of time to heal. Here is Zane in his bowling ball sling. Never took him shopping, though!
DCP_0094.jpg

DCP_0102.jpg

Quote:
He has been injured since April. She has been dealing with one thing after another with him. Just watch for the posts with Zane in the subject and you will catch his story.

He's beautiful...........I just gave a br roo away. He was gorgeous, sweet and good but he was crowing all day long. Hope Zane gets better soon. Scarlet is quietly sitting on a rolled up bath towel right now still in her sling tho.

Quote:
He has been injured since April. She has been dealing with one thing after another with him. Just watch for the posts with Zane in the subject and you will catch his story.

BTW......I LOVE your clutch hutch.

I think she will reintegrate fine. I would not worry too much about it unless she is down for months. My chickens seem to remember the other chickens when I remove them for awhile. If I add in new chickens they get punished for a few weeks even if I have had them where the other chickens can see them. I would just make sure she is healed well before you do put her back and watch them a bit.

Last edited:
Quote:
I put her in my purse and take her out to the pen to see the others several times a day and she pops her little head up and peaks at the others.........especially the rir babies she was with. Silly huh?

Quote:

BTW......I LOVE your clutch hutch.

Thank you. Zane is a trooper and has better color and is gaining weight, but we just started a new round of antibiotics today. Thought we had the infection beat, but it's back. He fell off, or rather was hassled off, the roost and must have landed badly. We're not sure, but he may have also suffered a spider bite while laying on the ground with his injured leg the way it swelled up and got all sorts of awful stuff in there. Anyway, good luck with your hen. I sometimes have a hen sprain a leg and she heals up pretty quickly. Zane's was just much worse than a sprain.

Back
Top Bottom