Advice with bullying in coop

starlitchicken

Chirping
Apr 30, 2023
My chicks are 5.5 weeks old now. They are in their big girl coop. I had to separate my little white crested polish from the other littles due to them plucking her crest feathers until her little head was red. I tried to introduce them after a week when she was healed and the bullying got worse. They go for her face as well as her feathers now. Advice from more experienced chicken keepers is greatly appreciated.
Side note: These chicks were shipped on the same day from the same hatchery. The white crested polish wasn’t bought separately.

yes she is. Rehoming her is an option I’m willing to look into as with how my property is there is no way I could create a separate coop for her. She was the surprise chicken from the order. Next time I will know not to say surprise me 😂
Is she the only Polish? If so they will likely never stop as she is so different from the others.
You may need to rehome her to someone that keeps Polish chickens or make a second setup and get her done Polish chicken friends.

Can you build a run? She needs room to escape.
I’ll look into building the best critter proof run that won’t compromise the coop. The set up is unique. In the meantime, I have created little places that she can fit that her bullies can’t fit as they got too big.

Back
Top Bottom