Affects of the barred trait

John Roth

Chirping
Jul 20, 2015
I have this barred rock cross rooster who all I can say is crele looking or red barred but grey barred on the chest and tail. I can't send pictures so bare with me. I'm curious what the offspring would like if I crossed him with barred rock X leghorns(gray barred) or just brown Leghorns. Please send pictures for examples!

With out a pictures of the parent stock it will be hard to say exactly what the offspring would look even then with out knowing the heritage of all birds it would be hard to tell.
Also there are two types of "Brown" Leghorns, one being a Light Brown Leghorn and the other is a Dark Brown Leghorn. This could change the over all look of the offspring.

But if you indeed have a Crele rooster and is over a Barred Hen the offspring should be Barred roosters, Barred hens and Black hens.

Crele rooster over a Dark Brown or a Light Brown Leghorn is about the same the main difference in the offspring would be how dark the color and or marking will be and the main color difference would be seen mostly in the roosters .
Crele rooster over a Dark Brown or a Light Brown Leghorn would be Crele roosters, Black Breasted roosters, Crele hens and Black Breasted hens.

The father is a barred rock(pure) and the mother is a white color dominant hen. Therefore there was a codominant result with the two fusing together. So it's not a crele but a codominant offspring. The barred hens are Barred rock X light brown leghorn so they basically look like a barred rock hen with leakage here and there. One hen even is more rooster barred with the white being larger over the black.

Back
Top Bottom