After raising poultry are eggs ruined for you guys?( I raise ducks but this occurs to anybody)

Due to multiple food allergies (wheat, dairy, etc) I’m limited on breakfast options.
Luckily I adore eating eggs!
I eat 3 eggs (usually scrambled, sometimes fried) every single morning.
I’ve been doing this for 6 years and my cholesterol is fine lol.
I haven’t gotten tired of eggs either.
So I got chickens last year! :clap
I’ve come to realize it takes at least 6 months and a lot of feed for those pullets to start producing.
My favorite way of eating eggs is fried over medium and sop up that yummy yolk with some gluten free toast! Mmm
:drool

I haven’t raised my mallards for a year so I haven’t had any eggs yet but I am going to eat them (the eggs) but NEVER the meat. My oldest mallard, Hulk (female), is about 5 months and my youngest, Belle (male), is about 4 months old. I will eat their eggs because I’ve heard they are rich and nutritious and also FREE EGGS! Why not!?

My-pets-make-me-breakfast.jpg

Not yet tho. My kahki should have laid eggs by now but i doubt she will untill spring. which will be the first duck egg i try

My buddy offers me his cayuga and scovies eggs but i refuse. My ducks owe me and they will pay out the butt. :gig

Eggs are not the evil food the cereal industry made them out to be. They are a very good whole food. I love to bake with my duck eggs everything is so moist. I just don’t do a lot of baking. My dh won’t eat duck eggs he says they are too rich he prefers the chicken eggs but when I made an omelet from the goose egg he did enjoy that.

Now, I have a friend who keeps telling me the goose egg he ate when he was a kid was rubbery. Is this generally the case or did he get a fluke, or was it poorly cooked?

I get that too, it just kind of disgusts me that the eggs I eat from my flock(that have been fertilized by my rooster Reggie) could(if it was incubated) become a chick. I've only felt this disgust for eating eggs since I hatched babies from my own flock, just looking at the faces of the sweet little pullets and cockerels is enough for me to be seriously put off eggs.
I know it's weird, because the reason most people have chickens is for the eggs, but I just can't bring myself to eat eggs.

Back
Top Bottom