aggressive or normal behavior?

nipper75

Songster
9 Years
Mar 5, 2011
NorthEast PA
My 1 yr old black copper maran attacks my ankles and feet when I walk to the coop I have a few scratches from him. Is this aggressive or normal rooster behavior?

Depends on the Roo. I have gotten Aggressive back show him who's boss but some roos never learn and will keep attacking you no matter what. Those are ones you get rid of.

that is your warning, he is not going to work, and will not calm down, will almost always get worse...... I know how you hate it when you have a whole year invested in him, but it he is not going to be something to keep or breed too.

Mrs K

Thanks
I must mention that it only happens when the group of hens run to me, walk with me or walk behind me. Then he comes charging.

Wear proper attire and walk about so he can have at you all he wants. Do not respond to his attacks. If he stops then walk around him to get him to resume. Purpose of approach is to get him to realize your presence / activities are not a threat. I have more roosters, a lot more, than most reporting rooster problems and I seldom have to give up on a bird do to people aggressiveness.

Back
Top Bottom