Aggrevated... Welfare Garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
clap.gif

I don't think anyone needs to explain themselves...BUT anyone who is accepting government assistance had better be working their tail off to get off the system.

I got welfare and food stamps back when I was an irresponsible 21 year old new mother who had no future. I worked so hard to get training and a job.

10 months.

That's all it took to get my act together, so seriously, 1 year of assistance should be plenty.

And since then I've put myself through undergrad and graduate school as a single mom with no government help other than student loans.

So, I have nothing against people who lose jobs and need help, or people who live in towns that have started to collapse under them from the economy, and I have nothing against people who make a bad decision or two like myself and want a second chance.

BUT if you're not working to get off the assistance, then that is a problem.

Last edited:
Quote:
But that's the problem. Some people are literally on the fence and don't actually have the money to give them through more tax dollars. Most people I am aware of that are one welfare/food stamps etc still have internet, cell phones etc.

Bailouts and corporate crooks are wrong and dispicable........but two wrongs don't make a right.

all I know is that when I needed help from "the system" years ago I was denied any assistance or help. why? Because I didnt have a passel of kids tugging on my skirt.
I no longer give to the salvation army etc. I give my money to the Veterans and the animals.

Here where I live there is a convience store that is owned by foriengner's
Not only do they OWN this store. They drive a brand new Hummer and Lexus AND they collect welfare. Everyone in the city knows it and only other public assistance receivers shop at the store. How they are allowed to get away with it.. no clue. But it sure is a nice set up they have working for themselves

Rhett&SarahsMom :

all I know is that when I needed help from "the system" years ago I was denied any assistance or help. why? Because I didnt have a passel of kids tugging on my skirt.
I no longer give to the salvation army etc. I give my money to the Veterans and the animals.

Here where I live there is a convience store that is owned by foriengner's
Not only do they OWN this store. They drive a brand new Hummer and Lexus AND they collect welfare. Everyone in the city knows it and only other public assistance receivers shop at the store. How they are allowed to get away with it.. no clue. But it sure is a nice set up they have working for themselves

I have a neighbor who has a toe missing because he's diabetic. So, he gets disability, food stamps and then works for cash!!!​

I just have to say I don't have a problem with people who need Welfare. I have a problem with those who make it a lifetime way of life.
idunno.gif

I don't have a problem helping out people in times of need. I have a huge problem with people using food stamps to by junk food and soft drinks and the like. In some ways the old system of handing out actual food was a better bet. Beans, rice, cheese, milk, bread, etc. When my budget gets tighter the junk is the first to go. Why should my tax dollars go to support someone else's junk food habit? Basic nutrition is the way to go.

I used to work summers at a pool in a housing project. I always packed my lunches as it was too expensive to eat out. I usually had an apple, cheese, chunk of break and some carrots. Many of the little kids (and these were 3-8 year olds) had never seen or tasted a carrot before. I started to bring a bag each day to share and the kids were fascinated. They gobbled them up. All of them, of course, knew about potato chips and sugary drinks.
roll.png

Yes, sometimes people need help, but that doesn't mean that it should be a junky handout.

I'm one of those moms that had to get on welfare for two years until things settled down and hubby makes too much money to qualify. Both of us made under 20 thousand dollars and all we got left to show is All Kids Care insurance that we had to have, nothing else. No food stamps, WIC or anything else so far. We had to go to food pantries a few times a month to get some fruits, veggies and MEATS! I've worked alot in my life and it is nice to have a little welfare and be able to get off from it when we are barely making it but not hurting too bad. We go to my folks house every Sunday to eat like pigs (leftovers aplenty!).

I have an uncle that abused the system, unreported wages (under the table) and my sis' sis in law that abused WIC while her hubby was working at CAT
hmm.png
. I do not report them, like one said in here, whats goes around will bite them in the butt sooner or later....if you abuse the system, you will PAY every bit of that money back or jail or fine time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom