Ah the country life.......... (AKA-- The country thread!!!!)

Yesterday I sat on the banks of the horse pond, the water lapping onto the tips of my toes. I felt something nudge my back, and turned around to cuddle and kiss the the head of my horse..

You sound like the luckiest person I'd kill for a horse, even my name means lover of horses, not aloud anymore animals though 4 dogs 2 cats 7 hens 2 kids ..... Lol

Isn't it interesting how many of us enjoy letting the chickens out of the coop whilst wearing our nighties?!?! When I first moved up here to the mountains I would get into jeans and a t-shirt (no bra) to go outside to let the chickens out, just in case a neighbor drove by. Everybody waves, with actual eye contact. The local contractor arrived early in the mornings to start the renovations I wanted and one morning I apologized for stepping out on the deck (which he built) still in my nightshirt - with my first cup of coffee - and he informed me "nobody around here cares what you wear at any time of the day." He was right! If something needs to be done early, it can be accomplished wearing a nightshirt. I've carried on conversations over the fence whilst in robe and slippers. Of course, I am now 60, so nobody ogles me. :lau He has edumacated me on mountain folk behavior. "You're not a Flatlander any more." I now "tip" the propane delivery guy a dozen fresh eggs, sometimes do the same when the same UPS guy brings packages all the way up to the house instead of leaving 'em down by the gate. At night, I can see the Milky Way stretched across the sky! Moonlight creates shadows in my yard.

Back
Top Bottom