Ahh the wonders of feed store bins... (updated POL pullet pics)

she looks just like your aussie/EE X, somadlyinlove! and smokeykk i hope this isn't a roo, but lately i've been having the same thought
hide.gif
came from a pullet bin, so if it's a roo i will not be happy
smack.gif

okay, they're three weeks now and little clove's station is looking more and more like a malay....and a rooster
he.gif

what does everyone think?
52086_dscn6003.jpg

52086_dscn6001.jpg

52086_dscn6000.jpg

52086_dscn6004.jpg

here's a BR pullet for comparison
52086_dscn6006.jpg

i havn't updated this for about six months, but now she's (yes, she turned out to be a girl!) laid her first egg, i'm more confused than ever- it's white! i thought beardless EE or maybe a BSL after all but apparently not. here's some recnent pics of her
52086_dscn7751.jpg

52086_dscn7752.jpg

so what is she? any ideas?

Last edited:
She is regal and pretty. Interesting to have you update this thread. Thank you for doing so.
Last spring saw an uncanny number of blackish mystery chicks from the Feed stores, TSC, etc.
My only complaint is paying for one thing and getting another. I'm about done taking chances on chicks unless I can either ID them well as chicks, or I will use other sources. I'm not much for surprises.

Again, thanks for updating. She's very, very pretty. Hope she's a good layer for you.

She looks like my BSL's that I got from MPC 2 yrs ago. Their chest feathers came in like hers as well. Though, I do think they were completely black as babies.

Back
Top Bottom