Airborne!

MickeysChicks

Songster
5 Years
Jul 23, 2014
South Carolina
With the weird fall weather we've been having here in the south, my girls have been cooped up more than usual. Last week I let them out for a nice but breezy day. Their habit when coming out of their enclosed run is to take a runnning start towards the house, which usual ends up being "flying practice". We always laugh because the leghorns can fly much longer and higher, the red comets have a lower barely clearing the ground flight path. Probably something to do with their much bigger butt! lol ! Well on this particular day they were so happy to be out that they looked like they were racing back and forth between the house and the coop! However a particular strong gust of wind came along and I looked over to see leghorns at least 7 feet in the air! The red comets were squatting down as low to the ground as they could get! The leghorns are now acting a little spooked, when I let them out today they hunkered down for their run to the house. They look like they are doing an army crawl, meanwhile the red comets are running around like "what's the problem, skinny butt!" I think the leghorns have finally gotten the hint....fly low!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom