ALABAMA!!

Love all the welcomes!

So far I have 2 Australorps, 2 Black Giants, 2 Barred Rocks, 2 Easter Eggers and 2 Production Reds. All of mine came from C&R Feed and Supply except the Australorps which came from the St. Clair County Co-op. C&R Feed and Supply is located in Odenville and there is another location in Pell City. I got mine at the PC location. I am using some lumber left over I have here around the house to build my coops. We are building them ourselves. My retired father is going to help me. But I would like to do most of it by myself. I have a lot of family around and "farming" is not foreign to us. My uncle three houses away has cattle and chickens and a very big garden. I also have another uncle and also a cousin, both down the road, that have chickens. I have asked a little for information and advice but I want to be able to make it successful on my own without having to ask anything unless it is absolutly necessary. I am having a lot of fun. Right now the babies are in a playpen. I posted quite a few pictures on my profile. As they get bigger I will post more, expecially when I am trying to determine if they are male or female.

I do have to have to sell all my chickens, so, if you go to page 197 you can see pictures of the birds. I have four lavender orpington pullets and three cockerals, one black orpington pullet and a black orpington cockeral, three coronation sussex pullets and one coronation sussex cockeral, several rir pullets and a cockeral from the Ramey line of heritage rir's. two buff laced brahma pullets and one buff laced cockeral,one gold laced brahma and one gold laced cockeral. All the birds are between 10 and 11 months old. I also have several coronation sussex chicks and black split to lavender chicks of different ages. I will have three incubators, one is a sportsman 1202 i bought new last year, along with two hovabator 2365's like new. Five gallon waterers and feeders, two brooders, anything needed to inubate and raise chicks along with larger birds. I would rather sell all the lavenders and black orpingtons together, and will make a better deal if someone takes all the birds. Shoot me a e-mail if interested and i,ll give you my number. I hatched out many birds last year and culled down to these which were the best of them. Thanks,Billy.

If someone will take the coronation sussex, lavenders and blacks, i will take 500.00 for them. Thats 4 lavender pullets,3 lavender cockerals,3 coronation sussex pullets and 1 coronation cockeral,1 black orpington pullets and 1 male black orpington cockeral, all 10 to 11 months old.. I have been getting over 40 eggs a week from them, so, thats over 400.00 in chicks each week. I will take 500.00 for the buff and gold laced brahmas that just started to lay. The cheapest i have seen these brahma's is 25.00 a piece for day olds plus shipping. I have over 70 chicks, and will take half price if someone takes them all, they are day olds to 6 weeks and feathered out. The sportsman is 400.00 and comes with the clear door, water system, extra water holders and spunges. I gave over 800.00 for it last year. You can see pictures of the birds a few pages back.

Pics of some of my sweeties including the ones I got from lucky

Guineas taking it easy

Bantam chicks

Big girls

Lavender opington

Black opington, buff opington and coronation sussex
I cant tell the last 2 apart right now

ee roo

Still have the other coop I'll post them later

I don't think I have ever introduced myself on this topic. My name is Matt and I live in Elberta, Al. I show several breeds of Large Fowl and one breed of Bantams. I have seen several other people from Baldwin County on this topic. Anyway, Hello to all.

Back
Top Bottom