Alarm Clock Automatic Coop Door

Quote:
We don't get raccoons in Australia. But you're right, this design may not be appropriate elsewhere.

I'm still in the process of modifying the design, adding a (light) spring to provide resistance when the door is opening, and to help when closing the door. That said I don't know how crafty your raccoons are and whether spring loading the door would be sufficient.

Thanks for your feedback.

Why not go vertical instead of horizontal? That way you can use gravity to close the door.

Quote:
We don't get raccoons in Australia. But you're right, this design may not be appropriate elsewhere.

I'm still in the process of modifying the design, adding a (light) spring to provide resistance when the door is opening, and to help when closing the door. That said I don't know how crafty your raccoons are and whether spring loading the door would be sufficient.

Thanks for your feedback.

Raccoons are smarter than many people I've met. They also have opposable thumbs, considerable strength, will work in teams and have ALL NIGHT to figure out how to get into that coop.

Quote:
I agree - but it's not really suitable with the small chicken coop that we bought. (It would block a window above the door.)
I guess I could create a new door opening on the back - it just depends on how much work you want to do for your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom