ALL 25: THERE HERE! PICS!!!

Brian

Songster
12 Years
Sep 30, 2007
Jacksonville, ORegon
First, I have to say, that I have been driving my wife nuts with my anticipation of these chicks. Finally, driving me further nuts: the mail lady was late today by at least an hour. Yes, yes, I was literally looking out the window. Gawd! Don't tell anyone. Or, tell 'em, but call be Charlie, Dave, or anything other than me real name.

All 25 (all pullets): 7 rir, 5 bk australorp, 6 Del, 2 buff orp, 2 barred rock, and 3 ameracauna. They were ordered via Ideal, and they are all healthy, loud, happy. Of course when they came, there were all huddled (it's 42 degrees outside), their eyes were closed, but still peeping alot. I got them under the warmth asap, got the gro-gel in front of them, and got them eating, drinking, and warm within minutes. Half hour later, they are wandering all over in their warm brooder and looking lively. No pasty butts, no deaths. So...my experience with Ideal today, was, ideal!

Brian
PS. Note "Liesl" our two year old dobie in the picture!

S5002551.jpg

S5002556.jpg

S5002553.jpg

S5002560.jpg

S5002559.jpg

Last edited:
Glad they arrived healthy. Pasty butts could take a few days to show up, once they start eating chick starter.

bigzio

It's been around 12 years since I've dealt with chicks. I remember a few pasty butts, so I'll have to keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully nothing too bad.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom