All Black Flock

Note that the Barred gene is inhibiting the expression of fibro. Cute accident, though. Am curious what would happen if you bred him back to an AC hen.

http://sellers.kippenjungle.nl/page3.html
I’d love to find out! Yeah I was a little bummed when I found out about the barred gene being dominant, the fibro gene also so I guess with the marbling they’re co-dominant. I will breed him back to his sisters who are pretty black. Apparently the offspring will be 50/50 black and barred

I’d love to find out! Yeah I was a little bummed when I found out about the barred gene being dominant, the fibro gene also so I guess with the marbling they’re co-dominant. I will breed him back to his sisters who are pretty black. Apparently the offspring will be 50/50 black and barred
My guess is that Barred is dominant over Fm, but you could certainly try it....

image.jpg
My hens... update (excuse to post a pic or two) lol
image.jpg

Sounds neat, I don't really prefer black chickens but still a neat goal. Have you heard about the white faced black spanish breed? Real beautiful, and endangered. I had one come as a surprise chick from the hatchery, luckily was able to find him a good home. Here's a couple pics of him, his name was Simone :) Maybe that could be something you could get into someday. Best of luck!!

Simone (32).JPG Simone (36).JPG

I like some others, but I'm really set on these...I have a big long term goal in mind and I think that's what will make it a bit easier, but I also just love black...Both of my cats were solid black and if I wasn't so much of a Shepherd/Wolf person, my dogs would probably be black too... 😏
Black Shepherds are gorgeous and black wolves too

I have always loved black, especially with just a splash of color, so when I was finally able to start getting my chicks(very recent) I decided to be very picky. I will be starting out with four to five initial pure breeds(all black with their gorgeous shines) and laying different colored eggs...I plan to cross certain ones to try for solid black colored egg layers, which I know will take many years of trial and error and perfecting, but I am curious...Has anyone else ever tried something similar?
you’re trying to lay black colored eggs? two questions...is that possible?...and what’s the purpose of a black egg shell? i am intrigued!

Back
Top Bottom