All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

So I put the two Queens back out today and they went straight away giving everyone a proper ass whoopin 😄 they were letting everyone know in no uncertain terms that no matter how long they are gone they will forever remain the boss ladies!! It was quite the sight! Feathers were flying 🤦🏼‍♀️ And once all was put in place it was definitely time for a dust bath! ❤️❤️❤️View attachment 3656519
Good for them. Time to get back to normal.

WhoDatChick

I'm glad to hear things are slowly coming back to normal,,, For the chickens anyways.
I know the hurt inside of you is there for a longer time. :hugs We are here with you.❤️❤️❤️

In somewhat recent times, I lost 2 chickens, and 2 dogs. All was end of life due to age. Still painful today. So I do know the feeling.

On a positive note,, I rescued 2 chickens this last weekend.
They now have a FOREVER HOME.:love
View attachment 3656554
This is pix in carrier on way home. I have them separated currently from my flock. I need to clip their wings so they do not escape flying over my 6 foot fence, into neighbors yards. No desire to be chasing them. (with a net).
They are quite flighty. After they are homeset, I no longer clip wing feathers. Just initial time, so they do not escape,,,,,,,, looking for their old home.
They are adorable. I'm so glad they have a good home with you. They are very lucky.

So I put the two Queens back out today and they went straight away giving everyone a proper ass whoopin 😄 they were letting everyone know in no uncertain terms that no matter how long they are gone they will forever remain the boss ladies!! It was quite the sight! Feathers were flying 🤦🏼‍♀️ And once all was put in place it was definitely time for a dust bath! ❤️❤️❤️View attachment 3656519
So nice to see them like this !
You did a great job taking care of them.
WhoDatChick

I'm glad to hear things are slowly coming back to normal,,, For the chickens anyways.
I know the hurt inside of you is there for a longer time. :hugs We are here with you.❤️❤️❤️

In somewhat recent times, I lost 2 chickens, and 2 dogs. All was end of life due to age. Still painful today. So I do know the feeling.
As hard as it is to say goodbye , it means they made it through their life, and you were successful in caring well enough to bring them all the way along that path.
As a relatively recent chicken keeper all my losses have been through disease.
I will feel sad, but also happy, when one of my chicken dies of old age.
On a positive note,, I rescued 2 chickens this last weekend.
They now have a FOREVER HOME.:love
View attachment 3656554
This is pix in carrier on way home. I have them separated currently from my flock. I need to clip their wings so they do not escape flying over my 6 foot fence, into neighbors yards. No desire to be chasing them. (with a net).
They are quite flighty. After they are homeset, I no longer clip wing feathers. Just initial time, so they do not escape,,,,,,,, looking for their old home.
That is wonderful! They look very pretty and like they have a lot of personality..like bantams do 😊.

So nice to see them like this !
You did a great job taking care of them.

As hard as it is to say goodbye , it means they made it through their life, and you were successful in caring well enough to bring them all the way along that path.
As a relatively recent chicken keeper all my losses have been through disease.

That is wonderful! They look very pretty and like they have a lot of personality..like bantams do 😊.
Thank you so much❤️❤️❤️

It's a funny thing but when Lilly passed off old age I was also kind of proud. Proud of the good life we had provided for her. Full of joy at the memory of her torturing young pullets. (Nothing made her happier) She had an amazing life at FBA and we were able to give that to her.

You are so right. I imagine you will be happy and little sad. But I would not be surprised if you are also proud at what we were able to do for him/her.

They were here the day it happened and were apologetic… but I called her and told her about how much each chicken could sell for and how much money I spent on meds… having to buy eggs now.. and not to mention the stress and trauma of it all and that I could have her pay me for my losses or get rid of the other husky that was with the one that got in. That dog knows where my chickens live and could come back and because of that I can’t let my gals out for fear of it happening again! So she said she would talk with her husband about it… it sounded like she wanted to do what I asked cuz she said she didn’t want any problems with her neighbors. But I still saw the dog there so I will call her again and I guess get ugly if I have to… I don’t want to and I don’t want to sue but I will tell her that so that she’ll get rid of the dog instead. She said they didn’t want the dogs anyway. I just want to have peace and not have to worry for my gals knowing that dog is there.
I called the pound about the other dog to see what happened and the girl said they can only tell you if they are still there or not… and he was no longer there… this was two days after it happened… I believe the girl was telling me without telling me that they put him down… I am 99% sure of it! And I am glad of that! At first I didn’t want that but now that I’m mad and poor Maryn with her terrible wounds I am so relieved for him to be gone!
They were here the day it happened and were apologetic… but I called her and told her about how much each chicken could sell for and how much money I spent on meds… having to buy eggs now.. and not to mention the stress and trauma of it all and that I could have her pay me for my losses or get rid of the other husky that was with the one that got in. That dog knows where my chickens live and could come back and because of that I can’t let my gals out for fear of it happening again! So she said she would talk with her husband about it… it sounded like she wanted to do what I asked cuz she said she didn’t want any problems with her neighbors. But I still saw the dog there so I will call her again and I guess get ugly if I have to… I don’t want to and I don’t want to sue but I will tell her that so that she’ll get rid of the dog instead. She said they didn’t want the dogs anyway. I just want to have peace and not have to worry for my gals knowing that dog is there.
I called the pound about the other dog to see what happened and the girl said they can only tell you if they are still there or not… and he was no longer there… this was two days after it happened… I believe the girl was telling me without telling me that they put him down… I am 99% sure of it! And I am glad of that! At first I didn’t want that but now that I’m mad and poor Maryn with her terrible wounds I am so relieved for him to be gone!
We have lost a few chickens to feral dogs over the last few years. People dump unwanted animals around the area and then they roam around looking for food. It’s very frustrating.

Some very sweet and good news! Do yall remember the rooster Tony and his girl Abby.. the silver laced Wyandottes that I rehomed after the tragic event? Well, the girl’s daughter entered them in 4-H competition and the hen won first place for best standard breed👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
IMG_4777.jpeg

Some very sweet and good news! Do yall remember the rooster Tony and his girl Abby.. the silver laced Wyandottes that I rehomed after the tragic event? Well, the girl’s daughter entered them in 4-H competition and the hen won first place for best standard breed👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻View attachment 3662616
:celebrate

How are the walking wounded at your place whodat?

Some very sweet and good news! Do yall remember the rooster Tony and his girl Abby.. the silver laced Wyandottes that I rehomed after the tragic event? Well, the girl’s daughter entered them in 4-H competition and the hen won first place for best standard breed👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻View attachment 3662616
Nice!

Back
Top Bottom