All My Chickens..... a coop opera!

Hi everyone! How is everyone doing? And how are everyone’s gals?
Mine are doing well… I haven’t spent much time with them lately so they are all acting a bit off. I only have one that is laying. I think it’s Ducky my EE… she is from this spring. Her sisters from this spring have not laid an egg yet!! 🤷🏼‍♀️ I think that is strange. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Mine are doing well… I haven’t spent much time with them lately so they are all acting a bit off. I only have one that is laying. I think it’s Ducky my EE… she is from this spring. Her sisters from this spring have not laid an egg yet!! 🤷🏼‍♀️ I think that is strange. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
My spring babies are doing the following:
- Sylvie was laying, went broody, hasn’t laid an egg since and now is doing a hard molt
- Piglet is laying tiny blue eggs
- Tassels laid for a couple of weeks - lovely army-green eggs - but now she has stopped laying
- Calypso doesn’t look anywhere close to laying
- Pooh has looked ready to lay for weeks but has shown no interest in doing so

As you often remind us. Chickens are crazy!

Sista Whodat! No big changes here, same chooks, same pecking order, and no blue eggs (because it's winter 😉)

Hi Whodat! It seems quite normal for youngsters to spend a long time getting ready to lay - Edie and Katie both took quite a long time earlier this year. I've got six healthy chooks and one on the sick list (Janet) with an abdominal swelling which I suspect is a tumour. However, she's eating much better since I started blitzing her dinner and making a breakfast for her, and now she seems cheerful most of the day. If she gives up sunbathing (one of her favourite hobbies) I'll take her to the vet for euthanasia.

My spring babies are doing the following:
- Sylvie was laying, went broody, hasn’t laid an egg since and now is doing a hard molt
- Piglet is laying tiny blue eggs
- Tassels laid for a couple of weeks - lovely army-green eggs - but now she has stopped laying
- Calypso doesn’t look anywhere close to laying
- Pooh has looked ready to lay for weeks but has shown no interest in doing so

As you often remind us. Chickens are crazy!
Wow! One of your spring babies went broody AND had a hard molt!? That is crazy! And by the sound of the rest of them I guess I‘m learning, even after all this time… seems anything goes 🤷🏼‍♀️
I guess I’ll start to worry if they don’t start in the spring!

Hi Whodat! It seems quite normal for youngsters to spend a long time getting ready to lay - Edie and Katie both took quite a long time earlier this year. I've got six healthy chooks and one on the sick list (Janet) with an abdominal swelling which I suspect is a tumour. However, she's eating much better since I started blitzing her dinner and making a breakfast for her, and now she seems cheerful most of the day. If she gives up sunbathing (one of her favourite hobbies) I'll take her to the vet for euthanasia.
Oh, sorry to hear about Janet! How old is she now?

Brudda Bob❤️
Good to hear! I am getting one blue egg every other day… that’s it! 🤷🏼‍♀️
They all seem so different since the attack… very skittish😢
There is no option for that. They are going to be more aware. That seems skittish but it is a survival instinct and really smart of them.

Back
Top Bottom