All or Nothing, Shipped Egg Journey

I think that's a MYTH! I wouldn't risk letting them wait a day longer or 2 longer as the shipped eggs are already old as it is, especially if you don't even know how fresh the eggs are before they are packed up and sent out! Not worth the wait. Just my opinion. I mean, think about it, you can set the eggs in immediately and after a day or 2 they will settle down anyway..... it's not like they are forming into a fetus in a day or 2 while incubating!!
I agree.
I set immediately after arrival and I can get 100% to hatch.

Well I think I am going to try it both ways lol. I got the Frizzles and Leghorns in today without a single crack on them. It was too light to really get a good candle on them but I know I have at least 1 detached air cell on a frizzle. I am going to let these guys sit for 24 and then as soon as I get the EE and OE they will all go in together. It will be a little side experiment.

Side note, I didn't realize it but the Frizzles came with a guaranteed 50% hatch rate (extras not included in percentage, hatched or not)!! I was super excited to find that out, and she sent an extra one too!

This is exciting!! Frizzles are on my chicken wish list. I hope it’s a 100% hatch for you!! :pop

This is exciting!! Frizzles are on my chicken wish list. I hope it’s a 100% hatch for you!! :pop

I would probably die if I got a 100% hatch on them. I would loose my flipping mind! I am hoping to get one of each type to hatch lol

Ok I candled the 13 I got yesterday last night and it was really hard to tell what the heck was going on. But I know I have 1 completely detached frizzle for sure, an few wobblers on both the Leghorns and Frizzles and I think 2 saddles on the Leghorns but I am not super confident on that. Does anyone have tips on how to better see what the air sacs are doing on fresh eggs? Or should I just incubate them upright for a few days and recheck?

Ok they are in! Only one broken one from todays shipment.

Attachments

• 97091735_952369271864993_6165673755273068544_n.jpg
    97091735_952369271864993_6165673755273068544_n.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 6
Day 4! I did candle last night since I had a temp spike and have been worried sick that I cooked them all. But there are at least 2 of the leghorns with development and 3 frizzles. I can't see into the blue and green eggs well enough to see if they have anything going on but there are a lot more detached air cells in them then I had originally thought, and a couple that looks like the yolk is broken? I will take pictures of them next time I candle and hopefully get some feedback. They don't stink but I don't like how they look.

Side note, anyone tried to build their own incubators? What worked and what didn't?

Side note, I didn't realize it but the Frizzles came with a guaranteed 50% hatch rate (extras not included in percentage, hatched or not)!! I was super excited to find that out, and she sent an extra one too!

Were they eggs from Ebay? I bought some barnyard mix bantam eggs from a seller on Ebay who also guarantees a 50% hatch rate. I bought 6 and received 7. Only two made it to lock down, and only one hatched. I contacted the seller about the 50% hatching guarantee a couple days ago, and haven't heard back. Hopefully they just don't check their messages every day, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to get ignored. I already left feedback for the eggs because they arrived safely and very well packed. Only time will tell, I suppose. :(

Back
Top Bottom