All or Nothing, Shipped Egg Journey

Were they eggs from Ebay? I bought some barnyard mix bantam eggs from a seller on Ebay who also guarantees a 50% hatch rate. I bought 6 and received 7. Only two made it to lock down, and only one hatched. I contacted the seller about the 50% hatching guarantee a couple days ago, and haven't heard back. Hopefully they just don't check their messages every day, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to get ignored. I already left feedback for the eggs because they arrived safely and very well packed. Only time will tell, I suppose. :(

Was it Ferrelfarms? If so then I got the same! That the only one that I have heard of doing the 50% guarantee so I am curious to hear if they honor it with you. I have messaged them a couple of times already and within a day or two they have gotten back to me. And the did send an extra for me as well, but I do have a couple with detached air cells so we will see if any of them start to grow.

Was it Ferrelfarms? If so then I got the same! That the only one that I have heard of doing the 50% guarantee so I am curious to hear if they honor it with you. I have messaged them a couple of times already and within a day or two they have gotten back to me. And the did send an extra for me as well, but I do have a couple with detached air cells so we will see if any of them start to grow.

Yep, that's them. One egg was clear, 4 died at some point in development, and two made it to lock down. One adorable little white chick hatched. The other egg died late. :( I don't think it can be blamed on my incubator, or my methods, because I had other shipped eggs that had a much better outcome, plus a bunch of my own eggs, of which 100% hatched. I ended up with 14 chicks out of this hatch. The seller told me the eggs would ship out the day after the auction, but they didn't go out until a day or two later, which resulted in them having to spend Sunday in the post office. I do realize that if the eggs aren't there, they can't squeeze the birds and make them lay :))), but I wish they hadn't had to spend so long in the mail. The eggs were very well packaged, though, so I gave them positive feedback. I guess we'll see what happens.

Yep, that's them. One egg was clear, 4 died at some point in development, and two made it to lock down. One adorable little white chick hatched. The other egg died late. :( I don't think it can be blamed on my incubator, or my methods, because I had other shipped eggs that had a much better outcome, plus a bunch of my own eggs, of which 100% hatched. I ended up with 14 chicks out of this hatch. The seller told me the eggs would ship out the day after the auction, but they didn't go out until a day or two later, which resulted in them having to spend Sunday in the post office. I do realize that if the eggs aren't there, they can't squeeze the birds and make them lay :))), but I wish they hadn't had to spend so long in the mail. The eggs were very well packaged, though, so I gave them positive feedback. I guess we'll see what happens.

Well I am glad that you got one at least! I thought they did a great job packaging but I wish they had got here sooner too, they left Georgia on the 11th and I got them on the 14th in CA. I am going to see if I can find a faster way to get them here if I try this again. I think they all spent too much time in the mail.

I candled again last night and I have 6 that look good. 1 olive egg, 2 leghorns and 3 frizzles. I have also started building my own incubator cause.... I hate the one I have. I thought I had it all lined out and the issues corrected one the 2 previous hatches this year and now that I got money into eggs its having a meltdown

Just wanted to update. The seller did honor their guarantee! They said they might not be able to ship until next week, but I'm fine with that! Hopefully we'll get a better hatch rate this time. :fl

Side note, anyone tried to build their own incubators? What worked and what didn't?

We built one in the first part of May and set our eggs on May 11 so we are six days behind when yours went in. It seems to be working great but honestly, this is our test hatch so time will tell in about 9 days or so. So far so good. We initially collected and set 36 eggs. 19 were never fertile to begin with so out of the 17 that were fertile, 2 quit in the past few days leaving us with 15 out of 17 so far. These were bardyard eggs from my hens and my neighbor's hens. I am hoping it goes well as I want to incubate some next month that I actually have to pay for. Good luck to you and if you want more info about my incubator, I would be happy to share with you.

Just wanted to update. The seller did honor their guarantee! They said they might not be able to ship until next week, but I'm fine with that! Hopefully we'll get a better hatch rate this time. :fl

THAT IS AMAZING!!!! As of last night hers are still doing the best with 3 healthy eggs. All the the Leghorns have died as well as all the EE. I have 2 possible OE but I doubt they really are alive, but they are so hard to see. I think this is rapidly leaning towards the "nothing" catergory lol. So I am currently shopping for the next round. I am going to only ship out of CA or OR this time and see if that helps them out at all.

THAT IS AMAZING!!!! As of last night hers are still doing the best with 3 healthy eggs. All the the Leghorns have died as well as all the EE. I have 2 possible OE but I doubt they really are alive, but they are so hard to see. I think this is rapidly leaning towards the "nothing" catergory lol. So I am currently shopping for the next round. I am going to only ship out of CA or OR this time and see if that helps them out at all.

That might help. I'm in Ohio, and the farthest away I've had eggs shipped is Tennessee. I do think that the closer they are to their destination, the better they fare.

ONE OF THE LEGHORNS IS ALIVE! That was a fun surprise. I candled one last time before tossing the duds and there was a sneaky one, so we have 3 frizzles, 1 leghorn, and 2 questionable OE.

Today is day 13 so we are getting there. My air cells were really big on day 7 (at least I think they are, there isn't a good air cell to be found and the saddles are confusing me) so I upped the humidity and am hoping to get them back on track.

Back
Top Bottom