Allie & Bino, the albino orpington chicks

Ok! Thanks! One last question; does it look like an albino from your incubator? I am so intrigued!!!!
pop.gif

Ok!  Thanks!  One last question; does it look like an albino from your incubator?  I am so intrigued!!!!:pop

Old like chippy's, from what I can tell.

I now she will spend so much more time with hers than I ever will. I'm going she can get them raised to adults and breed.

This may sound strange, but if there is anything to be gained from them, I would prefer it help her, not me. I sent her eggs to encourage and help her. That she appears to have discovered this mutation in my flock is awesome. I just have chickens for fun to keep myself busy. I'm actually trying for a yellow and black Orpington strain from my flock.

I'm amazed by these chicks, and there is a reason:

These were my eggs.

Before anyone asks for some, let me day this: I have NEVER had this happen before, and I've hatched over 100 eggs from my birds.

For the geneticists: there are no white orpingtons involved in this. My orpingtons are a lemon cuckoo rooster with limited barring and five BBS orpingtons. There are also offspring of these. Also added this year was a partridge Orpington rooster and s lavender rooster I am babysitting.

Hopefully at some point I can upload some pictures of my birds if it helps.

I love seeing these two!

Thanks so much for shedding light! I couldn't really explain the genetics to everyone, because I didn't really know their exact background quite like you did. :)

Chippy, take good care of those chicks!

Even if I hatch some, I know you'll do a far better job of caring for them than I ever could! I feed, I water, I gather eggs.

You show your chickens love! I don't want to hijack this thread, I just wanted to throw the genetics out there for everyone. It appears the chicks are coming from a pen of mostly sibling or closely related birds.

Ok!  Thanks!  One last question; does it look like an albino from your incubator?  I am so intrigued!!!!:pop

Old like chippy's, from what I can tell.

I now she will spend so much more time with hers than I ever will. I'm going she can get them raised to adults and breed.

This may sound strange, but if there is anything to be gained from them, I would prefer it help her, not me. I sent her eggs to encourage and help her. That she appears to have discovered this mutation in my flock is awesome. I just have chickens for fun to keep myself busy. I'm actually trying for a yellow and black Orpington strain from my flock.

Thanks for the flattering words! It's so funny that you just hatched one right after we were talking about them earlier!

Thanks so much for shedding light! I couldn't really explain the genetics to everyone, because I didn't really know their exact background quite like you did. :)

Thanks for the flattering words! It's so funny that you just hatched one right after we were talking about them earlier!

Literally read your message, walked in the other room and it was just coming out of it's shell.

Literally read your message, walked in the other room and it was just coming out of it's shell.

That's crazy!!! What a coincedence!

Subscribing! Maybe chippysmom should start a flock of albino orpingtons??? Because albinos need special requirements and she will already need those for her two all the ones that chiques chicks hatches can go into her flock? Just thinking....

Back
Top Bottom