Almost 3 months old...what are we?

Krissyt23

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 13, 2013
Saint Albans, WV
Hi y'all. I posted my flock a couple times when they were much younger and I received a few unsure answered. Any ideas on the breeds I've got going on here?

I have 3 that I know the breed of because it's pretty obvious but 2 elude me.

2 Ayam Cemani, my neighbor hatched from hers and gave to me. She believes them to be one female, one male.
3.jpg

(Female? - Raven)

5.jpg

(Male - no name yet)

And one Barred Rock female named Big Bertha.
1.jpg

I have a Roo (pretty sure) with feathered feet and he is TINY so I assume Bantam of some sort. His name was Teriyaki but if it's a boy we're calling him Tiny Tim. :)
4.jpg

And I don't know what this girl is...Red Sexlink? She was supposed to be a Buff Orpington - her name is Phoenix.

2.jpg

What do y'all think? I am a 1st timer. 3 of them came from TSC and the 2 black ones came from my neighbor.

Last edited:
I think you're right on all your breed guesses. From your description the cockerel could be a bantam cochin.

On the black ones, they could be ACs. But I think they're both females. Males usually have a more developed comb than they do by three months of age.

I think you're right on all your breed guesses. From your description the cockerel could be a bantam cochin.

On the black ones, they could be ACs. But I think they're both females. Males usually have a more developed comb than they do by three months of age.

agree with Pyxis

Thanks y'all! Hopefully we do only have one cockerel. I've not agreed with my neighbor telling me one of the black ones is a male but she kept insisting. Neither have any comb, so to speak. The smaller one is a week younger but still doesn't present signs of being a male.

Back
Top Bottom