Almost lock down tonight

lazy gardener

Crossing the Road
7 Years
Nov 7, 2012
CENTRAL MAINE zone 4B
My air cells are still too small, in spite of running dry for the past several days. Humidity has been up to 22% today. I'm totally thrown for a loop with the increased humidity of spring compared to my usual incubation time of Feb and March. So, eggs are propped in egg cartons for lock down, though they have been flat throughout this incubation. Eggs are well filled, which has me concerned, b/c there will not be much room for those little chicklets to maneuver. I fear this will be an other difficult hatch. Because Incubator temp is not consistent, and I've had to turn it down several times, I expect I'll be up many times checking tonight to try to get things consistent. Am not raising humidity until I have to leave for work tomorrow. I've got tubing threaded through to 2 containers under the eggs, and will screw a sponge to the wall again, if needed. As soon as I get a sense of what temps are going to look like, I'll take the cartons out and mark air cells. Spot checks say that size hasn't changed much since day 14. There are 7 BIG eggs. I'd so like to get a chick from the Pioneer breeding, but that seems unlikely. Hatch due Wednesday.

My air cells are still too small, in spite of running dry for the past several days. Humidity has been up to 22% today. I'm totally thrown for a loop with the increased humidity of spring compared to my usual incubation time of Feb and March. So, eggs are propped in egg cartons for lock down, though they have been flat throughout this incubation. Eggs are well filled, which has me concerned, b/c there will not be much room for those little chicklets to maneuver. I fear this will be an other difficult hatch. Because Incubator temp is not consistent, and I've had to turn it down several times, I expect I'll be up many times checking tonight to try to get things consistent. Am not raising humidity until I have to leave for work tomorrow. I've got tubing threaded through to 2 containers under the eggs, and will screw a sponge to the wall again, if needed. As soon as I get a sense of what temps are going to look like, I'll take the cartons out and mark air cells. Spot checks say that size hasn't changed much since day 14. There are 7 BIG eggs. I'd so like to get a chick from the Pioneer breeding, but that seems unlikely. Hatch due Wednesday.
Still haven't changed? What do you have steel shelled eggs? I can't believe they haven't changed.

About half of them have changed, while the others, barely worth sharpening the pencil for them! Yeah, some of them are pretty tough. I had to get a running head start to crack an egg into the skillet this morning!!!

About half of them have changed, while the others, barely worth sharpening the pencil for them! Yeah, some of them are pretty tough. I had to get a running head start to crack an egg into the skillet this morning!!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom