Alone chick not growing

Pics

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hey there so I need help ..it's rough tough time and long story I rescued two baby chicks on Dec 13 ,2020 and it's all fine they were growing active and playing . In January 22 one chick accidentally died by swallowing something we don't know .

His brother is all alone since then , he is not growing , he is all quite and not wanting to play . He just want to sit and sleep . .

I gave him toys , pillows mirrors but none of these stuff working ..week ago he falls from bed and injured his legs since then he's very weak and feels sad all the time ..

I am giving him mashed eggs , Bcomplex , Amino Acids , vitamin E to help him grow but he's not growing not even feathers coming as yet ..could be a runt ..

I earlier raised a runt and all things worked ..but I feel too bad right now seeing my lonely chick not growing he's so sweet 😭

Attachments

• IMG-20210211-WA0023.jpeg
    IMG-20210211-WA0023.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 104
Pls suggest me some ways I can help him grow ..he's poop is normal firm , breathing is lil fast , and his joints are swelled due to Injury from falling from bed on floor

He may enjoy a sibling. If anyone in your area has a chick they don’t need then that’s an option. Otherwise you could try putting him outside with everyone else. It might also be stress. In terms of stress you are doing all the right things. Just make sure he always has access to a clean water supplies. I hope this helps. Wishing him the best :)

This story just makes me sad. These chicks looks like they were dyed pink. I can't imagine chicks meant for dying pink will be the heathiest birds you could get since no responsible chicken person would feel the need to make their chickens attractive for little kids.
Chickens are not good pets that play on beds.
Meh, my post won't change anything but this chick has a broken leg and is lonely.
It won't have a good existence kept as it is.

This story just makes me sad. These chicks looks like they were dyed pink. I can't imagine chicks meant for dying pink will be the heathiest birds you could get since no responsible chicken person would feel the need to make their chickens attractive for little kids.
Meh, my post won't change anything but this chick has a broken leg and is lonely.
It does make than just make me sad. :mad:

Also, I have heard more than once where someone "rescued " young chicks. Only one time was it an actual rescue.

He may enjoy a sibling. If anyone in your area has a chick they don’t need then that’s an option. Otherwise you could try putting him outside with everyone else. It might also be stress. In terms of stress you are doing all the right things. Just make sure he always has access to a clean water supplies. I hope this helps. Wishing him the best :)
I don't think getting another chick is a good idea. Not that chicks enjoy being alone, but one is dead and the other is fading. No more chickens until they learn how to properly care for them.

Pls suggest me some ways I can help him grow ..he's poop is normal firm , breathing is lil fast , and his joints are swelled due to Injury from falling from bed on floor
Just hold him out him close to your neck a little tlc can go a long way. Try high protein dog food he needs protein to be able to help grow feathers. I use to scrape a little under their beak to get them to taste it and them the might take a bite. Keep him warm I use to always be with my chicks as baby’s.

Hi I don't dye him lol I also have pet Roosters they also I rescued as dyed .
I live in India , here vendors color male chicks. As chicken keeper I think mostly people know that how much Cruelty happens with male chicks .

And as far as health , many vegan friends of mine have colord chicks and raise them they are all healthy and grown ups .

I personally , thinks that diet and care makes them healthy .

Yes , 😍 mostly I do this and he feels good I Apply some warm oil on his leg ..I saw him walking without imbalance today . He's just weak maybe due to trauma . I also feeding him extra Protien and I will bring calcivet for his legs .
Thank you for your kind support ☺️

Back
Top Bottom