Alright! Day 21!

Razzle

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 23, 2012
Alfred, ON
Ok, so today is due date and my little chickens have got my nerves all shot x_x

I haven't seen or heard so much as a wiggle or a peep, when I had candled them on day 17 they seemed to be dancing around like they couldn't wait to hatch but, like I said, it's time to hatch and I haven't seen any signs of life since I stuck 'em in lockdown

I am concerned :( this is horribly unnerving, is there something I can do?

Just stay calm (and don't open up the bator!), what kind are they? My Jersey Giants didn't hatch till day 26. If nothing hatches until day 28, just take the eggs out and see what happened.

thanks!
it helps to hear from other people with similar cases, i didn't even know how attached i was to the little buggers until a few days ago xD

will keep you posted on how they are doing ^-^

Just stay calm (and don't open up the bator!), what kind are they? My Jersey Giants didn't hatch till day 26. If nothing hatches until day 28, just take the eggs out and see what happened.
Thanks! i will try to keep composed lol, would you per chance know the reason why you can't open the bator after putting them in lockdown? i see all sorts of people on youtube taking the chicks out only 4 hours after they hatch, even while other chicks hadn't hatched or pipped yet :s

The guy told me that they were white orpington, it's my first time incubating so I didn't really know that different breeds might hatch earlier or later x_x

GAH

IT CHEEPED!

:D

im so excited xD my family is currently placing bets on who will hatch first lol

YAY! ^-^

celebrate.gif
Woo-hoo! BTW: If they start pipping, and they don't break out even 15 hours after they pip, that's normal, they need some rest before they really break out.
Also, I had to leave one chick in the bator for a whole day alone because the other one hadn't pipped yet (and we did hear cheeping). Chicks will last about 3 days in the bator (or under the broody) because they still have the yolk in their tummy which fills them up.
smile.png

GAH

IT CHEEPED!

:D

im so excited xD my family is currently placing bets on who will hatch first lol

YAY! ^-^

celebrate.gif
Woo-hoo! BTW: If they start pipping, and they don't break out even 15 hours after they pip, that's normal, they need some rest before they really break out.
Also, I had to leave one chick in the bator for a whole day alone because the other one hadn't pipped yet (and we did hear cheeping). Chicks will last about 3 days in the bator (or under the broody) because they still have the yolk in their tummy which fills them up.
smile.png
thank you so much for that reply, i actually got the email notifying me of it when i was right about to come back and ask if it was normal for them to take so long lol

SO! i have 10 little baby chicks,
woot.gif
that have been hatching from tuesday morning till now lol, honestly, the most stressful and terrifying time of my life but at the same time, sooo worth it ^-^

They are all energetic and fluffy, and when I walk up to the brooder, they all run to me
onion-head-smiley-00017.gif
i am so happy i could die xD

Back
Top Bottom