Alternative to chick feed during these prevailing situations

Salman93

Chirping
Sep 6, 2015
Kashmir, India
Hello friends,
It's been a long time since I have posted anything.
Had moved in to another city for some work and my brother was looking after the flock. In the meantime one of the hens had gone broody. So we had given her some eggs. We were very much excited that we will be getting new chicks.
And now comes the problem, we will be expecting the chicks in a couple of days. But we don't have any medicated feed nor do we have any other sort of feed, as the stores are closed.
So kindly give me some advice in this regard.

Chicks can eat whatever momma eats. Provide sand to use as grit in the short term for digestion. If you see any evidence of cocci, which would be bloody diarrhea, immediately add Corid in the water for everyone for 2 weeks. It will have the same effect as medicated feed. You can also provide fermented feed to boost everyone's immune systems.

Chicks can eat whatever momma eats. Provide sand to use as grit in the short term for digestion. If you see any evidence of cocci, which would be bloody diarrhea, immediately add Corid in the water for everyone for 2 weeks. It will have the same effect as medicated feed. You can also provide fermented feed to boost everyone's immune systems.
Yesterday I brought some soya chunks. Grinded them along with corn and rice. That seems a good alternative. What do you think of that?

All feed stores are considered essential and have the feed you need....is there a local Tractor supply???
They certainly are, but the matter of fact is that we don't any many poultry feed stores nearby. The nearest is about 15 KMS from my place and the police has put up restrictions and not allowing us to move to other places.
I have now grinded soya chunks, corn and rice. That seems a good alternative. Do you think I should add some amprolium to it.

You don't need amprolium unless you see evidence of coccidia, which is bloody diarrhea. Brown cecal poops are normal. Bloody poop is bright red. To build up their immunity, do fermented feed and/or gradually introduce soil from outside in small doses. They will adapt just fine.

Back
Top Bottom