Am I a crazy man with a gun?

I thought I might be the only one still alive that read the book. Nobody I've talked to even knew it was a book first.
Yep, multiple times...one of may favs as a kid.

OK......the real test is who has read the sequel to Old Yeller?

Test of knowledge will be what happened to Jumper?
Did, but don't remember any details. I CRS :lol:

Am I the only person in the world that sits outside every day with my AR-22. And my border collie, And babysits my chickens and ducks? I've seen coons, possum, hawks, even a few coyote in the woods behind my house. I see people posting here all the time about attacks and death. I couldn't handle it. From about 2:00 after work until dusk they get range time, if I dont do it I feel too guilty.

You make me laugh. You have no idea but there are others like you.we are included however we have a Fort Knox type prison for our girls and boys. We have a schedule of who gets rec time and how many hours each one gets during the day. We built this really nice coup with heat and air. We own an hvac co. Lol. However we never leave them out after dusk and they have security cameras facing every direction of our home and the coup.our roosters are trained to their spots so when their inside individual pens are open they report to their free time outside spot.we love all 12 of our roosters and hens. They have no idea how good they have it. Keep up the good work.

Am I the only person in the world that sits outside every day with my AR-22.
First, I'd like to point out that many of the people on the site are chicken people, not gun people. All they see is AR. With the news these days, I think many are envisioning 5.56, 300 Blackout, or maybe even 7.62. If you had said you sit outside with your 22 some of the comments may have been a little less drastic.
If you feel the NEED to sit outside all afternoon protecting your flock, then this may be a case of the tail wagging the dog. But if you're doing this because you LIKE watching your chickens, and are prepared just in case, then who are any of us to judge? Certainly not me who sat on my back porch for 5 hours watching my chickens enter and exit the nest boxes so I could determine which chicken laid the egg with what tint. There's such a fine line between interest and obsession. As long as you're not bothered by your actions and aren't feeling guilty because it's interfering with other aspects of your life, then what the heck. Live long and prosper!

E0804C3D-6403-4067-84A5-89B054EC6C37.jpeg

Am I the only person in the world that sits outside every day with my AR-22. And my border collie, And babysits my chickens and ducks? I've seen coons, possum, hawks, even a few coyote in the woods behind my house. I see people posting here all the time about attacks and death. I couldn't handle it. From about 2:00 after work until dusk they get range time, if I dont do it I feel too guilty.
Normal depends on what you say to the man in the mirror. And if he responds . Pretty sure response is considered bad .:lau Welcome to BYC

I probably should say I would hate to harm another animal. Even a raccoon. I did have a hawk land on my ducks back once. But it dove wierd into it and put its head thru my basement window. It was still on my duck but stunned. My border collie grabbed it by its tail feathers and pulled it off. That's when my staying craziness began.
:idunnoI've heard that a chicken is born with all the eggs it will every lay . Given that fact ,would it be fair to say that craziness is instilled at conception . And appears at any time it wants . You just wait a while and they'll find the right drug for you ;) ARs aren't my weapon of choice . Rueger carbines and Henrys rifles and six shooters better suit my bowed legs. I don't have any bad feelings about having a NVS ,for the nocturnal critters :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom