Am I crazy? Does this look fertile to you?

This was taken 2 weeks ago so I think he/she would have been 23 weeks.
chewey.jpg

Quote:
IDK Im sorry I still think its a hen? How terribly wrong am I??? My EE roo has a huge tail and al the male markings as a roooooo

Are there other chickens around your area? You may have a visitor, or your girls are going out looking for love in all the wrong places. Seems to me at that age and w/ only 3 hens you should have at least some days when you get 3 eggs. I see three hens too. You should hear crowing pretty soon if not already. Do you hear crowing in your neighbor hood? Are all your eggs fertile, do they all have the bullseye?

WOW. I feel your pain!
I do have a Cochin/Brahma mix roo that didn't start crowing until he was almost ten months old. AT 5 months he didn't even have pointy hackle or saddle feathers yet, and he never developed much of a comb or waddle.
Sorry! Stealthy roos are a real pain!!!!
hu.gif

Could you post a better pic of the chicken right behind Chewey in the first pic? the one with the grey-ish tale. I'm thinking there's a possibility there.

hit.gif

I will have to give him away to someone outside the city. Because we live in San Francisco, we want to keep our chickens as low key/incognito as possible. When do roosters usually start crowing?

By the way, thanks everyone for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom