am i doing the right thing??

🤔 unless they’re prescribing medication there should be no reason to insist on seeing the bird(s)... although I suppose that could depend on where you are. Do you have a state lab you could drop off a sample to instead? I work at a large animal clinic and routinely run fecal floats for backyard flocks and other critters, and the vet only needs to see them to be able to treat them. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m in Ontario though, so rules could be very different depending on where you’re located. :)

Haven’t done the scrambled eggs yet. But thinking it is worth a try. She was comfortable tonight after getting the dewormer dose - but just been hanging with me on the couch and not eating. She seems comfortable but still not eating 🙁View attachment 2521165
I ordered the Valbazen online. I figure they are all harsh to some degree since it's basically an internal insecticide. But if your girls are struggling with a worm load stealing all their nutrition then it needs to be done.

Look at it this way... you won't be losing $100 worth of eggs if you just go ahead and worm them.

How many chickens do you have? I like the idea of worming half the flock at a time, so as to get some eggs during treatment.

Look at it this way... you won't be losing $100 worth of eggs if you just go ahead and worm them.

How many chickens do you have? I like the idea of worming half the flock at a time, so as to get some eggs during treatment.
we’ve got nine, but only one bird is being affected, will i still have to worm the whole flock? we’ve got little sparrows all around the run that eat the scratch and we think that she got it from them

Where are you located? I use an avian vet in Littleton MA. But they ran my flock fecal under a chicken they had seen so not sure how they would be on just doing it with no patient.

Also, the fecal came back negative. But it's not 100% accurate and based on some of my hens I'm worming them anyway.

Where are you located? I use an avian vet in Littleton MA. But they ran my flock fecal under a chicken they had seen so not sure how they would be on just doing it with no patient.

Also, the fecal came back negative. But it's not 100% accurate and based on some of my hens I'm worming them anyway.
Whats the name? I'm in Worcester county and while I'm not a patient, i'd just love not to have to bring my girl in and pay a ton

good lord that’s the vet we’re going to!

LOL. As in it's already the place in the first post and you made an appointment for chicken stuff? FYI they will want to do a lead test too. But they have been pretty good for the past few years I've gone there. And even when I don't like the diagnosis they have been right.

Back
Top Bottom