Am I going to lose Annabel?

She hasn't pooped very much but it's the white pasty blob, regardless of the size it smells bad.

Attachments

• 16015835303217723487251387274103.jpg
    16015835303217723487251387274103.jpg
    869.2 KB · Views: 7
Since that dropping looks mucousy, I'm going to suggest you treat with Corid for coccidiosis. Since they are new to you, have been moved to new ground, they may have been exposed to a new strain. Incubation from exposure to illness is 4 to 8 days. Corid is very safe, so if it is something else, it will do no harm, but coccidiosis can kill quickly with some strains. Alternately if you can have a fecal done by a vet they can do a coccidia count to confirm. If she were mine I would treat, just in case.
Corid is available over the counter at Tractor Supply and many feed stores.
Use the severe outbreak dosing in the chart below, I would treat them all. Make sure she's drinking, if she is not then I would give her some of the medicated water orally several times a day until she starts drinking on her own.
900x900px-LL-a380cae7_Untitled.jpeg

2202129.jpg

1033284.jpg

I agree with @coach723 that Coccidiosis came to my mind despite the fact I’ve never dealt with it before 🤷‍ I feel as if we must mention, that you will need to expect more birds showing symptoms like this and possible deaths (that is of course, if it is Coccidiosis, but other illnesses can have the same results) Do as @coach723 has said to do. Update us when you can. I understand losing a bird is hard, especially before you can really bond with them and get to love them. I hope everything is ok with you

Back
Top Bottom