Am I the only 25 year married female that is...

I am 50 and come from an Island. When I was growing up there was only one hobby farm. Not sure what they had. I have never been on a farm in my life. Yet. I have some hens I got and just love having them and caring for them. Maybe I am the crazy one for going all these years and not enjoying what life has to offer at a reasonable price. I think it is great you are starting at a young age. Do you plan on other farm animals? I have missed out on this all my life.

I am 40 years old married and have 14 year old daughter we just got our first ever chicks 27 and I have never before seen or held a chick I have learned everything from reading and scanning this web site I also now have two pigs and hope to get a cow,goats,and I am planning on getting ducks,geese,guinnees,and tturkeys this summer. Who knew??????????????????

P.S. We started recycling and have cut our wast to a third and I live on 98 acres and love to hunt so no tree hugger here. I do think we should all be respectfull of our environment and not be so wastefull. Be your own person and stand out by doing the right thing and others will follow your lead

You are not crazy. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I find that is therapeutic and relaxing raising chickens. I also feel that Im sharing with my community by giving away eggs to senior members in my community. Its just fun!!!!
cool.png

My husband and I are 27 and we just got our first chicks too. Chickens aren't that hard. It's not like handling horses or something (although I know that can be learned too)
tongue.png
Our chicks are from Ideal and will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. So far they're doing great! My main concern is that the little brats keep kicking pine shavings into their water dispenser. Ugh! I've told them not to a million times! So ungrateful! LOL

I'm a 37 year old network admin that caught chicken fever last year. I decided that since we live on an old farm we needed animals!
yippiechickie.gif

You aren't alone! I sell hens and pullets to many people that fit your conditions. All the food scares over the past years has opened everyones eyes to the problems with the foods that are being processed. We want to know what we are fed, what the plants are fed, and what the livestock is fed. Such overabundance of indigestion in this country, one should question who is governing our food. Maybe it is the rebel in you! The world has tried to scare everyone away from poultry with the bird flu scare. If it comes around then we will deal with it! Hopefully your decision to grow chickens will make a healthier you!

Im sure your not the only one that age or even younger. im 37 single but was raised on a farm. There a more and more ppl out there raising chicks than ever before and gardens. My mother works in a feed and seed store in a small rual area it is really interesting at the young ppl buying feed and seeds the past 3 years. I think is is great
wee.gif
but makes me wonder if the world is really running backwards
idunno.gif
. GOOD LUCK to you and hang in there.

Back
Top Bottom