Amazing deer story

Thanks,

I found that a lot of the animals there, were not terribly concerned with people. If you walked up on them in the woods they would be wary, but not panic and flee at first sight. I guess these decided their choice was drown or trust the humans to help.
I'm finding it incredible that they got them onto the boat. Those deer would be heavy to lift out of the water. Bet a couple people got wet.

Imp

Wow, I can't believe they didn't completely trash the boat. Very cool pictures.

I camped in Taku Harbor this summer. It looks like a great place for a few extra deer, and even has a fair bit of level ground.

mom'sfolly :

Wow, I can't believe they didn't completely trash the boat. Very cool pictures.

I camped in Taku Harbor this summer. It looks like a great place for a few extra deer, and even has a fair bit of level ground.

Isn't that the truth. I had to google Taku Harbor, just 20 miles from Juneau.

The pictures made me a little homesick

Imp​

How cool!!!
Lucky deer
smile.png

Quote:

What a great story! Thanks for sharing it with us. I saw a deer swim across a lake just last year. I knew they could swim, but I'd never seen it personally before, they really are great swimmers, as others have said.

Impy,

We loaded onto the boat the morning after we got to Juneau. We saw whales all the way down, probably 15-20 different humpback. It took about an hour, but I think my kids thought it was the best hour of our vacation. While we were there, we stayed in a Forest Service cabin, and my sister's friends came up from their cabin with fresh crab. We sat on the beach, ate crab, drank adult beverages and watched the whales play at the harbor mouth. We explored the abandoned cannery buildings and cabins and hiked to an old Tlinget graveyard. Absolutely gorgeous!

If you've got a spare half-million laying around, there are about 5 acres for sale, including semi-restored cannery housing.

Back
Top Bottom