Ameracauna gods with me this time

hun, those aren't Ameraucanas. They're Easter Eggers. Ameraucanas are not sold at hatcheries or feedstores, and are not supposed to lay pink, brown, green, or white eggs. I'm sorry to say, but what you have were mislabelled, and are crossbred chickens.

Ameraucanas are only sold by breeders, and should only have slate or black legs, a pea comb, and the recognized colors of blue, black, wheaten, white, buff, silver, blue wheaten, and brown red. Also, they should only lay blue eggs, though some strains have a minty green or khaki color to the egg.

Last edited:
I love my EEs and the colored eggs they give me! Congrats on yours!!!

You'll figure out quickly that you have to be careful what you call an Ameraucana. If you don't get the chick from a breeder, it's not an Ameraucana.
wink.png
Either way, we all love our chickens and it's always exciting when they give us wonderful colored eggs!

Yeah, thus all being said, I would certainly congratulate you! My only Easter Egger actually lays a brown egg. . . Was hoping for a green one.
hmm.png
My true Ameraucanas (sshh don't tell them) currently lay minty green eggs which is actually undesired for the breed, but I'm fine with that. . . They're my only green. I'm getting more and better Ameraucanas with a true pale blue to rich teal blue, but I won't replace my current ones.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom