Ameracauna or Easter Egger?

jaymeellis06

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 25, 2014
Florahome, Florida
Can someone tell me what miss Jade really is? I was told Ameracauna when I got her at 4 weeks and just assumed she was really an EE but I read that black ameracunas can have black legs and that is what she seems to have. I don't care either way. She is about 23-24 weeks and I have not gotten any eggs from her yet.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what miss Jade really is? I was told Ameracauna when I got her at 4 weeks and just assumed she was really an EE but I read that black ameracunas can have black legs and that is what she seems to have. I don't care either way. She is about 23-24 weeks and I have not gotten any eggs from her yet.
Where did you get her? She actually looks like a true Black Ameraucana. If she lays blue eggs, she's an Ameraucana. If the eggs are green, she's still technically an Easter Egger.

Where did you get her? She actually looks like a true Black Ameraucana. If she lays blue eggs, she's an Ameraucana. If the eggs are green, she's still technically an Easter Egger.

Well, I thought yours had slate legs and was about to agree with Wyandottes7 until I blew up the pic. They appear greenish under the black, which means she'll have yellow skin. That look happens when you have slate overlay yellow skin, giving the legs a greenish cast. Ameraucanas have white skin, not yellow, so they should never have that greenish cast to them that I think I see in your photo.

Here is my 7 year old black Ameraucana, Gypsy, from breeder and show stock, slate legs:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom