Ameraucana genetics question

Pics
For the record, my username is Amer because it used to be AMERAUCANAS4REAL and everyone called me Amer anyways. I used to want Ameraucanas but when I got them I discovered they weren’t my favorite breed. Not that there’s anything wrong with ’em.
I got into them kinda in 4h back in the 90s. A sweet old lady gave me four Brown reds. I just had them as pets for egg laying as I was showing broilers. Fell in love with them when my dad to me to a show somewhere east of Houston.

The other breeds I like I haven't really gotten yet. Polish and Sumatra. The Spitzhaubens are great tho and the Phoenix. I do love the Sebrights and black rosecombs. OEGB is nice too but not what I want to work on.

I'll be going down to Spitzhaubens and Ameraucana for breeding. A project that involves both of them and Phoenix. And adding Polish Bantams. I like the English Orpingtons so going to keep very few once I go get what I ordered from Colt.

Two main focuses are Ameraucana Silver and Spitzhauben Chamois.

I'm having to start out bantam on the Ameraucana color project and then size it up.

I got into them kinda in 4h back in the 90s. A sweet old lady gave me four Brown reds. I just had them as pets for egg laying as I was showing broilers. Fell in love with them when my dad to me to a show somewhere east of Houston.

The other breeds I like I haven't really gotten yet. Polish and Sumatra. The Spitzhaubens are great tho and the Phoenix. I do love the Sebrights and black rosecombs. OEGB is nice too but not what I want to work on.

I'll be going down to Spitzhaubens and Ameraucana for breeding. A project that involves both of them and Phoenix. And adding Polish Bantams. I like the English Orpingtons so going to keep very few once I go get what I ordered from Colt.

Two main focuses are Ameraucana Silver and Spitzhauben Chamois.

I'm having to start out bantam on the Ameraucana color project and then size it up.
The only breed I haven’t tried that I might enjoy as much as d’Anvers are Modern Game bantams. They seem fun.

The only breed I haven’t tried that I might enjoy as much as d’Anvers are Modern Game bantams. They seem fun.
Those are hard to come by here. I was trying to get some but have yet to find any breeder info for shipped eggs. This is why I have switched to bantam Polish for my friends daughter. Polish was the other breed she was really interested in.

Back
Top Bottom