ameraucana i would say, what do you think and sex please?

I have 3 pure breed ameraucana's and I have to say some of your's look like mine did at that age but most don't and I see a lot of roo's too my boys didn't start crowing until recently and they are 7months old. My pretty boy is in my avatar

The black in the second pic looks like a female, as does the white. I would agree that they are probably true Ams and not EE, but mostly all males.

I would bet my flock they are EE's.
hide.gif
Sonew said they don't have leakage, they wouldn't have leakage in the hackles if for instance a blue Am is bred to a black orpington to result in these EE's. If anyone is familiar with the blue in Ameraucanas, the lacing is almost nonexistent in the blue feathers on true Blue Ams. They SHOULD have dark edging/lacing, and it is something that needs to be improved upon, but it is not there yet. Look how much lacing the blue boys have. Just another reason I say they are EE's.

Also, if the breeder/seller sold them as EE's...wouldn't they more likely than not be EE's??? Most times it is the other way around...people that are selling Ameraucanas that are actually EE's. In this case, I would take the word of the breeder.
hmm.png

Not to start a fight, but doesn't showing involve presenting birds who 'represent' the breed? They could be EE, but I bet if they were entered in a show they would not be DQ'd for being the wrong breed. Just my 2¢

Quote:
This is all great stuff for debate!
big_smile.png
I don't consider this fighting one bit! Most Am breeders have seen an EE or two win awards in shows!
sad.png
It's very discouraging....even more so for the birds that are not true to feather type/color and ones with OBVIOUS GREEN legs! Breeding Ameraucanas can be very frustrating for this reason...they still aren't as commonn and well known as most breeds, and of course hatcheries misrepresent Ameraucanas all the time. I have an F1 EE that could easily pass for a Black Ameraucana...she has a nice tight body, full muffs and beard, and dark slate/black legs. So, YES, if shown some EE's could easily be passed off as true Ams. However, winning in a show knowing it is an EE would put this into an entirely different category for topic...ethics. Because by showing, you are going to be breeding, and by breeding, you are adding unwanted genes, etc. And of course another question for showing and winning...was it a sanctioned show or a county fair? I've found EE's are more likely to win at county fairs under the guise that they are Ameraucanas. It's frustrating.

Sorry OP...I hope I didn't hijack your thread!
frow.gif

Quote:
How much are we betting??
wink.png
I really want your cabinet bator!

smack.gif
You know I'm right! I bet all of my EE's!
gig.gif

I know your something... that's why I lerv eweeeeeee

Back
Top Bottom