Ameraucana Projects Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chicken stalker, Oct 22, 2012.

1. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

Very pretty birds! I love the barred =) I really want to make sex link EEs, and might try this year.

2. cmitchell

cmitchell Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is my pure Blue Ameraucana rooster. His tail feathers were rudely plucked out by a pen mate but they are growing back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. pmessner

pmessner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    Newtown, CT
    Anyone have any buff ameraucana eggs to sell... I have a legbar roo I want to cross with the buffs to make ambars

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I've gotten buff eggs from Gary Ramey, Wayne Meredith, and Pips&Peeps in the past. You might want to try Dixieland on here too- she bought my buffs from me.
    Sounds like a great project.

5. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    My autosexing project was stopped. Of course, the last batch of chicks that hatched are all silver and barred (not red and barred like I wanted). I am growing them up and if there happens to be a rooster and some pullets, I might try to breed them together. Otherwise, looks like any pullets from that will go in with my red EE rooster for basic sexlinks. I have a new goal for an autosexing project that will lay blue eggs, it will just be more araucana like. I may have to start a separate thread once I start hatching

6. Dewsetter

Dewsetter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Liverpool, England
    :pDoes anybody know what colours I will get if I cross a white cockerel with a lavender barred hen please? Also to get the normal cuckoo colouring in the chicks would I have to cross the lavender barred hen with a black cockerel?
    Thanks loads.

7. Dewsetter

Dewsetter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Liverpool, England
    :pDoes anybody know what colours I will get if I cross a white cockerel with a lavender barred hen please? Also to get the normal cuckoo colouring in the chicks would I have to cross the lavender barred hen with a black cockerel?
    Thanks loads.

8. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    You should get black females and black barred male chicks. Unless your white is split for lav or carrying something else that could pop up.

9. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    [​IMG]
    Three lav cuckoo cockerels.Hope to use 1 or more about september over some lav hens to get some cuckoo pullets.

10. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Oh I like the lil guy on the right! Look at those feet!!!
    I am at the same point now. All boys....there has to be a good one in there somewhere. I have yet to hatch a split cuckoo roo though- either my split hen is laying all girls or her eggs just aren't hatching. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by